• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Abhijeet's progression thread

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will be discussing my progress here.

Currently I am working on a few fronts and ambitious goals:

1. Document and internalise 126k UF5 algs (Started in 2016, completed 117l/126k first pass, 28k second pass)
2. Get sub-2 global in 5BLD (Started work early this year with floating orientation, block commutators for centers and cool stuff in wings, full parity for 5BLD too super hard but I wanna learn)
3. Get 100 points in MBLD (that was the whole point of invest 1 year worth of waking time into UF5 and letter quads in the first place)
4. Become a WCA delegate (its long overdue, and more delayed coz of the pandemic)
5. Get elite in method neutral solving for 3x3 (currently global low 10 in CFOP and global high 10 in Roux, I decide which method to use according to the scramble I inspect)

More about me: I started cubing on a Rubik's brand in 2008. Did layer by layer for 5 years. In 2013, I came to know WCA and competitions exist. I did 50 comps over the course of the next 6 years. Broke a few records in bigBLD as well. Currently I am exploring the frontiers of cubing and working on making Yo notation super useful to many cubers for alg learning.

These 5 goals of mine are in no particular order.

Hoping for the best, M U' M' R' U2 M U' M' U' R U!

Which BLD event do you want to focus most on? (I assume not 3BLD)
Is Brian Sun true when he said that BLDers have weird U Perms?

Last edited:

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Which BLD event do you want to focus most on? (I assume not 3BLD)
Is Brian Sun true when he said that BLDers have weird U Perms?
The main BLD events I focus on are MBLD and 5BLD.

Brian sun is indeed correct about weird Uperms by BLDers. It all was started by Ishaan Agarwal from the US, who showed the weird U perms to the CFOPers, and these weird U perms got more popular after that.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not much progress in the last month. Currently at 117072 LQs. And did only a bit of CFOP/Roux practice, tracing on 3x3 and 5x5 to improve 3BLD and 5BLD and weekly comps. Hopefully will have a big update in this month.