• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A sub-forum for beginners question

Sakarie

WCA
2008SKAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it only me that is kind of annoyed over all the almost the same "How do i start a new cycle?", "How do I memorize?" and all those threads? It's not the question that are bad, it's just the aura of not reading or thinking things through, but ask immideatly.

Wouldn't it be a good thing if all the threads with beginners questinos were at the same place? The beginner-threads disappear fast in the pages, since they're answered, and not written in that many times (mostly). That means that a sub-forum would make kind of a FAQ, in forum form.

This would help the "not beginners" to get a more clean forum, and the beginners to get a better forum too. Wouldn't it?

(When I say beginner, I think I mean those who need help to solve 3x3 blindfolded)

Edit: I know that it maybe would've been better to put this thread in the "Help, support & suggestions" category, but since it concerned everyone reading in this category, I thought that I might ask here instead.

Last edited:

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Shelley's idea is good, yes, but I don't think that will prevent people from still creating those threads. People use the "which cube is better" topic all the time when starting new threads.

I think we need some sort of forced guidelines with some sort of "punishment" when these guidelines are broken. Instead of the New User thread that we have, make that be checked off at sign up for registration, so we have some sort of accountability. I don't know, it's a problem with pretty much every internet forum where you have new members.

Sakarie

WCA
2008SKAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not against the idea of a One question thread, but I'm not sure it will cover the total beginners question. People will still ask what method is the best, if they should quit learning 3OP for Classic Pochmann, and so on.

And I'm afraid get a lot of answer that's "I use 3OP, but dunno if it's better" and the discussion will get out of hand. No one will look through a long thread to find there question.

GunzJack

hi man, i interesting in BLD solve, but i'm confused on 3OP method,especialy at permutation (edge& corner) may someone help me please :D

Tykwondo35

YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone on youtube that are well known cubers(fiveawesomecubers, frk17 etc.) have a 3op blindfolded tutorial for the 3x3 besides thrawst and badmephisto.

Tykwondo35

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok I was wandering what most people think I should do to learn BLD. I think i am going to learn old pochman because I understand it better. Except I need like a noob friendly video on it. The tutoials on paper kind of confuse me. Also I don't know pll. so should I learn that first. Thanks