• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A potential way to reduce lock ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas09

YouTube
Visit Channel
After a while of having Eastsheen cubes, I've started to get a bit annoyed at the amount of lock ups they get. The same applies to my store bought. I've got a new type A and just from looking at there are holes in between the cubies looking from the outside of. This is because the cubies are rounded and when I turn slightly over the face I'm turning, i.e doing a very tiny U' then turning R, that it pass over it, without a lock up.

Now I'm asking:
Would rounding the pieces on my locky cubes assist the amount of lock ups they, or is just a DIY thing that they don't lock up?

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Rounding is generally a good way to decrease lockups. There is a 2x2 which is very bad, and all the pieces are very square. However, my 2x2 has smooth rounded surfaces, and is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.