• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] A bit about me...

jfitch

Hey, I used to speedcube, from around '04 to '09, with rubik's brand cubes. I used cfop for 3x3 and I was averaging under 20 seconds when I stopped and I knew (still remember) full pll and I was learning 1 look olls. The 2x2s I had would always break, but I had a 4x4 and 5x5 I would solve using redux. No idea about my average on the 5x5, but with the 4x4 I think I was right around 2 minutes.
I stumbled upon an old 3x3 a while ago and got interested in solving using commutators, so lately I've been reading up on 3 cycles and trying to do some independent research. I'm still working on a lettering system and recognition of (many) cycle cases so I haven't attempted a blindsolve yet, but I'm more into bld than speed rn. I don't have many cubes, just a couple old 3x3s and a 4x4 but I'm planning on modernizing and growing my collection but I just moved back to my home state after living halfway across the country for the last 6 years and need a job first lol. Oh yeah, it's really cool that HUGE cubes are commercially available now!

CubeRed

Hey, I used to speedcube, from around '04 to '09, with rubik's brand cubes. I used cfop for 3x3 and I was averaging under 20 seconds when I stopped and I knew (still remember) full pll and I was learning 1 look olls. The 2x2s I had would always break, but I had a 4x4 and 5x5 I would solve using redux. No idea about my average on the 5x5, but with the 4x4 I think I was right around 2 minutes.
I stumbled upon an old 3x3 a while ago and got interested in solving using commutators, so lately I've been reading up on 3 cycles and trying to do some independent research. I'm still working on a lettering system and recognition of (many) cycle cases so I haven't attempted a blindsolve yet, but I'm more into bld than speed rn. I don't have many cubes, just a couple old 3x3s and a 4x4 but I'm planning on modernizing and growing my collection but I just moved back to my home state after living halfway across the country for the last 6 years and need a job first lol. Oh yeah, it's really cool that HUGE cubes are commercially available now!
Hello to the forums!
I hope you gain a lot about bld techniques and just general solving knowledge here. (There's an amazing guy here that does 5bld called @abunickabhi in the forums.)

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello there, good to know that you interested in BLD as well.

Welcome to the forums!