• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A 2-Look CMLL Beginner's Guide Sheet

phuque99

For H, will it be easier to learn F (sexy X3) F' because there are two other sexy moves in your list between F and F' ?

Alexuty

WCA
2023SANT47
Thanks for the suggestions! Keep in mind that this is meant to be a simple printable for people learning the basics of roux, so it's not going to be very deep or have many options... I will try the algs you guys proposed and if i find them to be more suitable then i'll edit the doc accordingly :)

AlgoCuber

I'm going to go ahead and contribute some algs that I think are better

Diag swap (Requires more advanced fingertricks):
r2' D' r U' r' D r2 F' r' U r F
r2 D r' U r D' R2 U' F' U' F
Second alg is faster and easier than the first alg I showed

H (Less overwork):
R U R' U R U' R' U R U2' R' (Headlights on the sides)
R' U2' R U R' U' R U R' U R (Headlights on the front and back)

L (Viable alternatives):
F R U' R' U' R U R' F'
U F' r U r' U' r' F r

I understand that the algs you used were for beginners, but if you want to have a faster 2 look CMLL, use these.

AlgoCuber

Huh!! They don't have any overwork or regrip. Have you heard of disjoint doubleflicks? R2s aren't a problem at all. Pls.
Oh, I thought you were talking about H. I'm dumb

For Pi, I think that F (double sexy) F' will be faster if you know how to do it regripless or soft regrips

Last edited:

AlgoCuber

Absolutely not. 9 mover 2 gen is definitely faster than 10 mover 3 gen.
But you have to see how fast the moves are performed. Double sexy alg is faster because it can be performed faster even though it has 1 extra move. Not everything is about movecount smh

Oh and remember that lower gen is not always faster

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
But you have to see how fast the moves are performed. Double sexy alg is faster because it can be performed faster even though it has 1 extra move. Not everything is about movecount smh

Oh and remember that lower gen is not always faster
Can you give me an example(other than RUS U perms) where higher gen is faster?