• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 9.13 average of 5 with 5 different methods

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
taoxyu

8.14 (Petrus), 10.71 (ZZ), 8.55 (Roux), 7.27 (CFOP), 11.49 (Freefop) = 9.13 average of 5 (9.23 mean of 5)
Cube: aolong v2
Don't have scrambles, sorry.

I'm planning on taking a bit of a break from cubing now as I have important exams coming up and I need to focus. So until summer, I won't be making new videos, and I probably won't be posting much on here (I'll obviously still reply to stuff in this thread though). Just to let you guys know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
taoxyu
I really don't get how you are so fast at all these different methods. Crazy stuff.
Thanks! I just practise them individually. I actually think it would be like practising many different events. It took me a long time too, it's been 4 years now since I got my first sub 10 avg12 with CFOP.

I think the most common problem that people have when it comes to using different methods is breaking habits from other methods, and getting used to blockbuilding (my advice for blockbuilding: link). But this can be overcome with practise. I think it's just that not many people care enough about getting fast with multiple methods to put in the practise.

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
qqwref2
It took me a long time too, it's been 4 years now since I got my first sub 10 avg12 with CFOP.
Mm, well there you go. The turnspeed also helps, I bet. I'm decently fast with a few different methods (avg12s: 12.xx with columns, 14.xx with roux/rouxctangular francisco/petrus/zz) but sub10 is very far away. I'll definitely check out your blockbuilding stuff - that's always been a rough point for me.