• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 8.97 3x3 ao12

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's definitely an original Zhanchi if you brought it around that time.

OT: Amazing solves. Your lookahead/tps for F2L is just crazy. I think the main place you should try and improve is your LL. Your algs are fine, but you seem to do lots of unnecessary U/U' moves when you're recognising OLL/PLL.

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Your times are really nice, but there is definitely room for improvement. I don't know what your current OLLCP knowledge is like, but it might be helpful to learn to predict PLL type so you can smooth the transition between OLL and PLL. I also think it might be worth slightly slowing down as you finish your last pair so you can go straight into your OLL. If you already know how most of your F2L algs affect LL edges you could quite easily also do that for corners to help you get an idea of what the OLL will be before you execute your last pair.

I also think you should maximise your inspection time for every solve; this is an area I think lots of fast people ignore but you're not utilising free information and that's definitely a big leak - it also forces you to look-ahead in uncomfortable or difficult spots and that will obviously improve your passive look-ahead ability. I also noticed a couple of cases for f2l where you could have been a bit more efficient with your pair choice, although watching through a video makes it difficult to be certain.

Regarding your execution speed, I think it could be a bit quicker, but your style is so lovely you wouldn't want to ruin it.

Please don't take this the wrong way - there are some really impressive solves here and you definitely have the potential to be comfortably sub 8 :)

DarioRubik

WCA
2011SANC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks everyone! This way I can improve a lot. Even when i watch my own videos repetitively, i can't see all this mistake I do. Thanks to Rowan and Jayden specially. Summing up , my improvement "spots" are:

- F2L to OLL transition in general. Concerning this, yes, I do know how egdes will turn out, but surely i should slow down to identify the corners.

-Learning OLLCP.

-Learning some more ZBLL's and anvanced LL stuff.