• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 8.67 avg 5 | Gans 356

WCA
2013TORN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The solves were recorded with the cube just out of the box and as you can tell it is awesome. I don't think I will lube or either play around with the tensions. Thanks for watching!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I will lube or either play around with the tensions. Thanks for watching!

Great average! ;)
This reminds me that I have to start incorporating yellow cross again.

Good to know that the Gans 356 is great out of the box, I'm thinking of getting it soon.

Yes, the Gans is a great cube, but my personal experience with this cube tells me that out of the box, it is really nothing special, it felt very blocky and stiff. I suspect that there is probably a degree of variation in how/if the cubes are lubed/tensioned at the factory to blame for this. Whilst I would recommend lubing it with Traxas 30k (by far the best lube in terms of cost vs. effectiveness ratio), and it really does become great, I acknowledge that it is your personal choice to decide not to lube or tension your cube, but what harm can there be in trying?

WCA
2013TORN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, the Gans is a great cube, but my personal experience with this cube tells me that out of the box, it is really nothing special, it felt very blocky and stiff. I suspect that there is probably a degree of variation in how/if the cubes are lubed/tensioned at the factory to blame for this. Whilst I would recommend lubing it with Traxas 30k (by far the best lube in terms of cost vs. effectiveness ratio), and it really does become great, I acknowledge that it is your personal choice to decide not to lube or tension your cube, but what harm can there be in trying?

I've heard that most of Gans 356 are very blocky, but mine seems not to be one of those (eventhough I had a big lockup in the 7.88 solve). As you said, it should be a variation in how cubes are built. By the way, I have Traxxas 50k on most of my cubes and yes, it is a nice lube, so I might also use it on my Gans 356. Thanks for the recommendation!