• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 7.98 3x3 Average of 5

XTowncuber

WCA
2010BRAD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Decent. Last one was an OLL skip everything else was NL.
Average of 5: 7.98
1. (7.36) B' D' F2 L U F' B' U R B2 U2 F2 R2 B' R2 F L2 B2 R2 F
2. (8.78) D2 L2 D2 F' R2 U2 F U2 B' L2 R2 D' R' F2 U2 B D U2 F' R2 U'
3. 7.39 D F2 L2 U B2 D2 R2 D' L2 B' R B D B' U R B' L U
4. 8.61 F U F R D2 L U B2 U' D F' U2 B R2 B' U2 B2 D2 R2 B L2
5. 7.94 F2 B' R F' U F2 R' F2 U' R2 F U2 B' D2 L2 B D2 F U2 R2

Last edited by a moderator:

RubiksJake12

Decent. Last one was an OLL skip everything else was NL.
Average of 5: 7.98
1. (7.36) B' D' F2 L U F' B' U R B2 U2 F2 R2 B' R2 F L2 B2 R2 F
2. (8.78) D2 L2 D2 F' R2 U2 F U2 B' L2 R2 D' R' F2 U2 B D U2 F' R2 U'
3. 7.39 D F2 L2 U B2 D2 R2 D' L2 B' R B D B' U R B' L U
4. 8.61 F U F R D2 L U B2 U' D F' U2 B R2 B' U2 B2 D2 R2 B L2
5. 7.94 F2 B' R F' U F2 R' F2 U' R2 F U2 B' D2 L2 B D2 F U2 R2

Is that a CX3 with Fullbrights from thecubicle? It looks and sounds almost identical to mine. If it is a CX3, how exactly did you lube it, and with what lube/wt did you lube it with? My CX3 is one of my mains alongside with my Fangshi, I just always have felt as if there is a small thing "wrong" with it, and I think it's in the way I lubed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

XTowncuber

WCA
2010BRAD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice!
What cube did you use?

Is that a CX3 with Fullbrights from thecubicle? It looks and sounds almost identical to mine. If it is a CX3, how exactly did you lube it, and with what lube/wt did you lube it with? My CX3 is one of my mains alongside with my Fangshi, I just always have felt as if there is a small thing "wrong" with it, and I think it's in the way I lubed it.
It's a Fangcun with Dayan hardware and cubicle full brights. Don't have a CX3 so I can't help you there.

RubiksJake12

It's a Fangcun with Dayan hardware and cubicle full brights. Don't have a CX3 so I can't help you there.

That's really interesting. Is there a reason you chose this cube over the multiple others? I've read that it's merely a Zhanchi knock off.

Also, when you say Dayan Hardware do you mean Dayan core, springs, screws, washers?

It sounds very crunchy, which is my prefered feel of a cube. I might be interested in getting one is why I'm interested really. Also the fact that you can obviously solve impressive times on such an unpopular cube is odd.

XTowncuber

WCA
2010BRAD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's really interesting. Is there a reason you chose this cube over the multiple others? I've read that it's merely a Zhanchi knock off.

Also, when you say Dayan Hardware do you mean Dayan core, springs, screws, washers?

It sounds very crunchy, which is my prefered feel of a cube. I might be interested in getting one is why I'm interested really. Also the fact that you can obviously solve impressive times on such an unpopular cube is odd.

The corner cutting/lockups/pops of the Fangcun are pretty much the same as the Zhanchi (the mechanism is identical), but the plastic is different which gives it a super nice feeling and makes it extremely easy to control. Basically, I chose this cube because I really like slowish controllable cubes and most slowish cubes lockup and can't corner cut.

You definitely need to get Dayan core, screws, springs, and washers because the ones that come with it are really really bad (the springs are too long, the screws and washers are kind of cheap and have hard edges, and the Dayan screws won't fit the Fangcun core).

I will say that the sound is much crunchier than the feeling. It's quite smooth.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Iirc he has Dayan hardware in it, meaning core and springs. Dayan screws are too long I'm pretty sure.. People prefer fangcuns to the new Zhanchis because they tend to be smoother.

Edit: njnja'd
Oops

RubiksJake12

The corner cutting/lockups/pops of the Fangcun are pretty much the same as the Zhanchi (the mechanism is identical), but the plastic is different which gives it a super nice feeling and makes it extremely easy to control. Basically, I chose this cube because I really like slowish controllable cubes and most slowish cubes lockup and can't corner cut.

You definitely need to get Dayan core, screws, springs, and washers because the ones that come with it are really really bad (the springs are too long, the screws and washers are kind of cheap and have hard edges, and the Dayan screws won't fit the Fangcun core).

I will say that the sound is much crunchier than the feeling. It's quite smooth.

Very interesting, I'm putting this on my long list of cubes to try out. It sounds like it would fit my style. I can probably just disassemble one of my guhongs and use it's innards.