• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

6:12.19+ 3x3x3 one finger (UWR)

Kchiuk

WCA
2013LITV02
YouTube
Visit Channel

:D

Scramble: D' L2 F B' U2 D R2 D' F L D B2 U2 D' R2 F2 R2 F2 R2 D' R2

PS: It's ~4 attempt in my life. I think sub5 and more is possible, but I'm not so crazy to train this.

SenorJuan

A fun challenge, definitely, I tried it myself many years ago (1980's), I seem to think I managed about 8 mins, but that was with a beginners method, probably 90 moves. Cube was a genuine Rubiks, with adjustable centre screws, loosened off a lot.
I think sub 90secs should be possible, (not by me, I should add..)

Kchiuk

WCA
2013LITV02
YouTube
Visit Channel
A fun challenge, definitely, I tried it myself many years ago (1980's), I seem to think I managed about 8 mins, but that was with a beginners method, probably 90 moves. Cube was a genuine Rubiks, with adjustable centre screws, loosened off a lot.
I think sub 90secs should be possible, (not by me, I should add..)
sub2? o_O omg, it's unreal

SenorJuan

I've just had a quick go, just for old tymes sake, using a 30-year-old technique. I have to say I need a lot of practice, hehe, I managed the first 2 layers in 3m20s [update: 2m40], but haven't managed to do a LL yet without monumentally messing up.
If I were a teenager, I'd be prepared to have a proper go at this. But I have far too many 'adult things' going on, unfortunately.

Last edited:

SenorJuan

I suppose there are different techniques out there, but this is what I did:
The cube sits on a soft not-too-springy surface. I've found a bed sheet / duvet cover etc folded up to be 20mm thick seemed OK, a sweater/jumper folded up can work, try a few things. (my school sweater on a desk was what I originally used, circa 1981).
The cube is turned by basically performing f and f ' moves. Press down on the top of the UFL corner and UL edge, two layers move ( the f ' ), the B face stays still. Press UFR and UR for f, obviously. Surprisingly, M slice moves work nicely.
And lots of prodding etc to x y z.
Mental agility would help a lot, the constant cube rotations and 'turning the opposite way' are frustrating at first.

I'm sure a turn every 1.5 ,, 2 secs should be possible, hence my sub-90 sec suggestion.

Last edited: