• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

5x5x5 Cage Method Middle Layer Edges Help

Cul3el2

I recently learned the cage method for the 4x4, because I was intending to use it to solve larger cubes, rather than the reduction method. I decided to see how possible this was, and tried converting it to the 5x5x5. I solved The bottom edges, the bottom corners, oriented the top corners, permutated the top corners, solved the top edges, solve the bottom edges, solved the top edges, and that's where I need help. After about 2 and a half hours of frustratingly trying to come up with algorithms to solve the middle edges without affecting the rest of the cage, and a good 15 or 20 minutes searching the internet, I couldn't find anything. I decided to post this on speedsolving forum as a last resort. So, has anyone else come up with algorithms to solve the middle edges of a 5x5?

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently learned the cage method for the 4x4, because I was intending to use it to solve larger cubes, rather than the reduction method. I decided to see how possible this was, and tried converting it to the 5x5x5. I solved The bottom edges, the bottom corners, oriented the top corners, permutated the top corners, solved the top edges, solve the bottom edges, solved the top edges, and that's where I need help. After about 2 and a half hours of frustratingly trying to come up with algorithms to solve the middle edges without affecting the rest of the cage, and a good 15 or 20 minutes searching the internet, I couldn't find anything. I decided to post this on speedsolving forum as a last resort. So, has anyone else come up with algorithms to solve the middle edges of a 5x5?

Please show us an image how far did you get; it is much easier to help and explain solving the rests.

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01

If you know how to solve the middle layer wings on the 4^3, then you can solve them exactly the same way on the 5^3. For midges, just use 3^3 middle layer algs (in CF or Roux style).

Cul3el2

I tried taking a picture, but my camera was dead. Essentially, every middle slice is in the right place, its just one needs flipped, and the one diagonally across needs flipped.