• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 5x5x5 Blindfolded 10:13 PB

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

U D' u2 d' r' F' d2 u r2 L2 R2 B2 L' f' U' r' D2 d2 L u d2 R2 f r' l2 D R u2 l' r' L' U2 r2 l' b d2 r' l B2 r2 R D2 B b' r f F2 u F L f' D' B2 f2 L2 U B2 d' B D2

Found a comfortable memory method combination - at last - so I'm pretty much ready for the UK Open. Shame that the camera went out of focus, but I think it's worth posting. :)

Memorization: Letter pair images (sentences along set locations within a memory palace) and some visual.
Method: Midges and corners - mostly commutators, some BH/speed-optimised cycles. Centers and wings - commutators.
Cube: Shengshou

Last edited by a moderator:

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you, and I don't know, getting close to his memo times still seem a long way off at the moment. Plus I'm nowhere near as fast in execution. Give it time! We'll own ;)
Wow! My NR suddenly does not feel so safe :/ I always thought my memo was my much stronger component and you also use comms for everything so I think your splits will be about 3:30/3:30 when you get to NR (mine were around 3:00/4:00 for that solve). You have pretty much forced me to put a couple of 4 and 5bld attempts in the UKO schedule.