• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

RS3M v5 Ball Core - EngiNERDBrian YouTube

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone! I created my first ever YouTube video today, a comprehensive review of the DaYan GuHong V4 M! The goal of my cube reviews will be to provide you with all the info you’d ever want to know about new cubes to help you find your new main.

This video contains the following topics:
Unboxing
Stickered vs Stickerless shades
Customization Options
Weight, Size. Stability, & Overall Feel
Corner Cutting
Examining the Internals
Sound Test

I’d appreciate feedback and I hope you enjoy. Please subscribe!

Scollier

Dream inside of a Dream inside of a Dream
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone! I created my first ever YouTube video today, a comprehensive review of the DaYan GuHong V4 M! The goal of my cube reviews will be to provide you with all the info you’d ever want to know about new cubes to help you find your new main.

Unboxing
Customization Options
Corner Cutting
Examining the Internals
Sound Test

Great video! However, many people will not want to watch a 12 minute review for a cube. If you shorten the review time and keep it simpler, it can attract more viewers. That's just my take on it.

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel

Unboxing
Customization Options
Corner Cutting
Examining the Internals
Sound Test

Great video, and great to see more people getting into making videos! Honestly this is way better than most people’s first videos, so props to you. I have some feedback for you.

First, either turn down the music or replace the hard rock (sorry if I got the genre wrong) with something more subtle. I found it to be kind of distracting while watching. It certainly didn’t ruin the video but I feel like it could turn off some people.

I personally don’t have a problem with videos being 12 minutes long, but in this case I think some of that time was a bit wasted. I’m referring to the part where you unboxed a bunch of other cubes. In my opinion, it would have made more sense to fully unbox all the cubes (instead of just pulling them out and briefly saying what they are) and make that a separate video from the Guhong V4 review. That’s just my take though.

Again, great job! I thought you did a really good job and you were much more confident than I was on my first video. Good luck with the channel, you earned a new subscriber! :)

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great video! However, many people will not want to watch a 12 minute review for a cube. If you shorten the review time and keep it simpler, it can attract more viewers. That's just my take on it.
Agreed. I felt I could have gone a bit quicker but I also dislike the really short vids that leave info out. I’ll find a balance in the future.

Great video, and great to see more people getting into making videos! Honestly this is way better than most people’s first videos, so props to you. I have some feedback for you.

First, either turn down the music or replace the hard rock (sorry if I got the genre wrong) with something more subtle. I found it to be kind of distracting while watching. It certainly didn’t ruin the video but I feel like it could turn off some people.

I personally don’t have a problem with videos being 12 minutes long, but in this case I think some of that time was a bit wasted. I’m referring to the part where you unboxed a bunch of other cubes. In my opinion, it would have made more sense to fully unbox all the cubes (instead of just pulling them out and briefly saying what they are) and make that a separate video from the Guhong V4 review. That’s just my take though.

Again, great job! I thought you did a really good job and you were much more confident than I was on my first video. Good luck with the channel, you earned a new subscriber! :)
Thanks for the comments.

I considered leaving all the other cubes out but decided to leave it in as a sort of experiment to see what I’d act like during an unboxing. I agree the vid could stand alone without that footage.

I know the music isn’t for everyone; glad you brought it up. I’m a metal head at heart though and wanted to bring some extra energy to the cube video scene. I actually have really nice mics and audio stuff for music recording but forgot to hit “record” on this vid and didn’t feel like re-filming and yeti my to sync my mic/video. Much better audio will be incorporated in future vids!

Edit: just watched this on my phone and the music does appear to be much louder than when editing with my headphones on the computer. Thanks for pointing this out for the next one!

Last edited:

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel

Unboxing
Customization Options
Corner Cutting
Examining the Internals
Sound Test

6th subscriber. Remember me when you're famous :p

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
The metal reminds me of CBC's old videos. I'm guessing you are a metal fan by the long hair lol
I subbed
Definitely!

try making a more attractive thumbnail. the left is all empty space with a relatively unattractive font, try filling in the space and use a fancy font with an outline. thats what tends to look best :)
Haha I made that in a simple PDF editor because the thumbnail was an afterthought and going into this I had no idea what all I’d need to do. I’ll work on a more attractive one next time. Thanks for watching!

Reactions: qwr

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really splurged and rewarded myself for some major life accomplishments I've achieved lately. Which cubes in the photo below would you like to see a review of? I have plans to make an RS3M 2020 video this weekend; what else would you like to see? Much improved audio quality is coming in future videos!

image0 (32).jpeg

DNF_Cuber

I really splurged and rewarded myself for some major life accomplishments I've achieved lately. Which cubes in the photo below would you like to see a review of? I have plans to make an RS3M 2020 video this weekend; what else would you like to see? Much improved audio quality is coming in future videos!

View attachment 14672
Ms3 v1 needs more reviews, so I would do that one

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel

View attachment 14672

I love hearing people's thoughts about the valk2 and tengyun because they are the cubes that are the most interesting to me. Although pretty much every puzzle you have except the fruit cubes is interesting to me. I thought about doing an Angstrom cube setup video; maybe you can do a video on lubicle black and setting up a cube.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ms3 v1 needs more reviews, so I would do that one
I filmed a Ms3-v1 enhanced review today. Video will be out in the next few days!

I love hearing people's thoughts about the valk2 and tengyun because they are the cubes that are the most interesting to me. Although pretty much every puzzle you have except the fruit cubes is interesting to me. I thought about doing an Angstrom cube setup video; maybe you can do a video on lubicle black and setting up a cube.
I'm planning on a tengyun v1 vs v2 comparison video sometime in February! I need to brush up on my 2x2 before I turn it on cam hahaha. I mostly got the valk because I want to explore the different feels available in 2x2s: people seem to rave about this one.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I really like the valk2 but I have to agree with others that it is very much slower than other cubes out of the box. I still get the same times on it now, but I'm aware in 2x2 turn speed matters a lot, and I feel like my fingers get tired more quickly. Based on my reactions to the budget qiyi qidi, I might even like the cheap, light, and clacky meilong 2x2 m more than the valk.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Everyone! My 2nd video is out & I am reviewing the MsCube MS3-V1 M Enhanced 3x3! This video features a totally different format than my last one and significantly better audio. I'm confident you'll find the info useful in determining if this is a cube may be a good option for you. Let my know your thoughts and feedback. Cheers!

Please subscribe to help my channel grow if you enjoyed the video!

Last edited:

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel

Unboxing
Customization Options
Corner Cutting
Examining the Internals
Sound Test

Ooooh love the 8 bit editions of the bubbles that pop up.... Really cool angle on the unboxing's etc as well. Great Start! Earned a new sub.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ooooh love the 8 bit editions of the bubbles that pop up.... Really cool angle on the unboxing's etc as well. Great Start! Earned a new sub.
Thanks for the sub and watching. I enjoy the 8bit words too. I am going to keep keep up with that style for a bit.

try making a more attractive thumbnail. the left is all empty space with a relatively unattractive font, try filling in the space and use a fancy font with an outline. thats what tends to look best :)
Thanks for the tip. I used a different font for my Ms3 vid above. It's an improvement but i think it could still use some work in the future.

I tried a shorter video style this time that blasts you with all pertinent info. I do think it's an improvement over a 12min vid.

rubik2005

Awesome! Not to sound weird or anything, but I like when you say all the specs since it reminds of Daily Dose of Internet (which is a good thing!). Also, the title of the cube at the beginning was :cool:. Thanks for the review, and I look forward to other videos!

I was watching your solves at the end, and I noticed that they look really similar to mine. We basically do the same algs for F2L, some 2-look OLL, and full PLL. There was sometimes a bit of hesitation and some useless U U' moves, but I literally have the same problem. Lately I've been slowing down a tiny bit and just looking around the cube instead of whatever I'm solving, and this made a significant impact. For reference, I averaged 17-20, and I'm working my way to 15-16. Hope this helps, and happy cubing.