• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

4x4 Walkthrough solves

yoshinator

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[video=youtube_share;mmqwYnYX_Pk]http://youtu.be/mmqwYnYX_Pk[/video]

Some 4x4 walkthrough solves. I go over all of the things that I do differently from most people. Again, I average around 43 seconds, and if you have any questions, please ask!

Cube: Shenshou v4 (Florian+Konsta mod)
Method: Yau (Obviously)

Thanks for watching!

Please leave any comments or questions here or in the comments. Thanks!

Last edited:

mati1242

I average 55s but I don't really understand the "half-centers" part, however it seems to be preety good idea !

Maybe someone would shortly explain me this step?

yoshinator

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
These were amazing. Make more please!
Thanks, this helps me with my edge pairing and centres a lot :)
Thank you! I will make some more!

I average 55s but I don't really understand the "half-centers" part, however it seems to be preety good idea !

Maybe someone would shortly explain me this step?
I started to use the half-centers :) They are actually quite good, and the L2C are really really easy
I’ll try to better explain them in my next walkthrough solve video, but here you go:
Most people solve centers one at a time, first the blue, then the red etc. However, what I like to do, is I create a bar (red, for example), so I pair two red centers, a half center, and I put it in the L-slice. Then, I create another bar, another half-center, say blue, and I also put it in the L-slice, but also in the correct relative position to red (on top if you do white cross). So then I do it again, say with orange, and put it in the L-slice correct relative to the other two. Now I have three half-centers solved, all in the L-slice, all correct relative to one another. So if I put where the last center (green) would go on top, my R-slice is still free to do whatever I want, but I no longer need to do any 3R/Rww moves or rotations. (other than to look for pieces).

I hope this is clear, more walkthroughs are on the way.

yoshinator

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[video=youtube_share;PxmANPkctec]http://youtu.be/PxmANPkctec[/video]

In which I go more in depth into my OLL Parity alg, how I solve half-centers, and how to recognize PLL parity, and how to influence your PLL with it.

Cube: Shenshou v4 (fully modded)
OLL Parity Alg: Rw Lw U2 Lw' U2 Rw' U2' x' U2 Rw' U2' Rw U2 Rw' U2' Rw2 U2'

Again, leave any comments or questions in the comments. Thanks for watching!

=)