• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 4x4 Walkthrough Solve...Tips?

leonparfitt

WCA
2010PARF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
THE QUALITY OF THIS VIDEO GOT 'MESSED UP' WHILE UPLOADING !

This is a Walkthrough solve of the Yau Method on the 4x4. I made this video intended to receive Tips from other solvers so i can progress in speed.I currently Average 50-55 on 4x4.

Please don't just comment 'Practice' because i practice 4x4 more than any other puzzle. Although every tip i receive will be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
1. Practice scrambling, you locked up too much :p

2. Work on first two centers efficiency, a lot. That first (yellow) center could have been solved in 4 moves instead of the large amount you did: U Rw Uw Rw' (starting with the two diagonal centers on F and each of the others on U and R)

3. Apply the above tip to last four centers as well, a lot. The solution you did was over 30 moves for those four centers. I just did some solves counting how many moves L4C took me (solving exactly as I would when speedsolving, just slow enough to count): 18, 15, 15, 15, 18, 22 [messed up], 15, 17... you get the picture.

4. That green-orange F2L pair could have been solved with less moves and no rotation ;) Starting from with the corner on top of that edge: U R' F R F' R' U' R

Yeah, so basically, work on center efficiency a lot. The rest looked fine to me.