• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

4x4 speededgeing

TiLiMayor

WCA
2011VARG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got a 4x4 and learned how to solve it, learned the last two edges and parities, which were the steps I didn't knew before and Im finishing it just over 4minutes (30sec centers, 3min edges, 45sec 3x3+parity) for any reference Im just sub-30 in 3x3.

Anything I should learn to get a little faster?
Where can I find some algs to do oll+pll parity and adjacent edge swap?

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
FIRST: Practise. It'll be a lot bettar in due time.
SECOND: What cube do you use? It'd be easier to assist you if you state what cube you use.
THIRD: Work on centres! 15 seconds gogogo. (In any case, this is easily feasible with even an average cube.)
FOURTH: Edge pairing techniques can be easy to find. By searching "4x4 edge pairing" on Youtube, I found this:

Two OLL parity algorithms, from YouTube:

YouTube can solve a LOT of problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just got a 4x4 and learned how to solve it, learned the last two edges and parities, which were the steps I didn't knew before and Im finishing it just over 4minutes (30sec centers, 3min edges, 45sec 3x3+parity) for any reference Im just sub-30 in 3x3.

Anything I should learn to get a little faster?
Where can I find some algs to do oll+pll parity and adjacent edge swap?
From Stefan Pochman's site.

Erzz

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Am I the only one who really hates Eastsheen cubes?
My time went down 2 minutes by switching from one to a Mini QJ. (5 mins to 3 mins)

TiLiMayor

WCA
2011VARG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tryed both, and yes miniQJ is waaay better than the eastsheen, its just the one that the only guy who sell cubes in my country had. my eastsheen locks up every 3 moves so yeh..
Im solving it in 3mins now so idk about buying other one this soon.