• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

4x4 Parity Alg for Corners

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I'm learning the 4x4 BLD and I need a good algorithm to swap two opposite corners on the same face without changing orientation.

Preferably in this position: UBL <--> UFR

I'm using Old Pochmann for corners so if there's an odd number of corner swaps I want to use this for one of the swaps.

kahman10

sorry but that is the method i use when i get that parity and i works for me cause i dont have to think about what i am doing. it is like a second nature for me to use those algs.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, thanks, I know that I can do a permutation for the corners and then switch the edges with the quick PLL parity alg, but I'm looking for a fast fingertrick alg that doesn't involve performing 2 in a row.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Make sure your centers are solved before you start doing a parity alg for corners. In the supercuber sense, swapping two corners will also perform an odd permutation on the centers. Thus, they must be solved or else you will destroy them in some unexpected manner.

This might save you a DNF.

Chris