• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

4x4 OH?

ganuwoahh

WCA
2015MATT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
What do you think would be an okay time relative to your own personal 4x4 times. I did an ao5. The slow solves I got parity on

Generated By csTimer on 2020-02-18
avg of 5: 1:42.90

Time List:
1. (1:52.58) Rw2 U' B D Uw' L' B Rw D2 F L' B2 D2 U L2 Rw2 D Uw U2 Fw' Uw Rw L' Fw' R U D' Uw L2 Rw2 Fw Rw2 Uw D F' Rw' B F2 R L'
2. (1:32.56) L Fw2 U2 B L' Uw2 F2 Rw' D' L' R' F Uw2 F' Rw L' Fw' Uw' B2 Fw' D2 L2 R2 B2 D L R D' R' Uw2 U' B D' F Rw' Fw R' D L2 B'
3. 1:37.73 D Rw D' R B U' Rw2 U L Uw2 B R D' U' F U2 Rw Fw' Uw F L2 B' Rw2 D2 Rw Uw' R' B2 Fw' R U' D' Rw2 L2 F' L Uw R2 Fw2 Uw2
4. 1:48.61 U2 R2 B2 U2 Uw2 F' Rw' D' Fw2 U' B Fw' R F' Rw F D Uw2 Rw' F D' Uw R2 U D B2 Uw' Rw F' Rw2 R2 B2 Fw' R2 L' F' U2 D2 R2 L'
5. 1:42.36 Uw L2 R F R D Fw2 D U B2 L' Rw D2 Rw2 Uw D Fw' L' Rw' Uw2 Rw L2 D' U F' U2 Rw D F' Rw U2 F2 Rw' U L' Rw2 U Fw2 U Rw'

I deduced that you desperately need an OH parity alg better than the beginner alg because I can't do fast parity one handed.

Based on this, since I average 40 seconds, it's about 2.5x times slower than my regular solves.

My hand hurts a lot. I used a Valk4M with strong magnets so maybe that's why but it is pretty difficult to turn a 60mm cube one handed.

The first 2 centres are fine and not that slow. I had trouble with look-ahead during Yau edges since I was using the table for support. The worst part about this is the last 4 centres. Normally i do them with my right hand on the bottom face but since I only got one hand now, everything is different. You have to adjust the bottom layer with your pinky/ring finger but then have to regrip in order to move the rest of the cube. It's slow and where most of the time loss is. Edge pairing isn't too difficult and 3x3 stage is the same except harder to turn. Parity is absolutely dreadful and is about a 10 second time loss. PLL parity is alright but still not good and doing PLLs on a bigger cube is quite hard as well.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on how one could improve 4x4 OH.

Note: I average 18-20 on 3x3 OH, if this helps