• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

fall

ok, but what about moving them. i have white corners in the yellow layer and yellow corners in the white layer

fall

exactly, the whole puzzle is solved except the corners and it;s frustrating me, the tutorials i found just show how to do 1 corner at a time, is there any way to do multiple?

elrog

YouTube
Visit Channel
You can do multiple corners at the same time, but this means using much more complicated commutators or just memorizing more algorithms. There are also no algorithms sets made specifically to solve all 8 corners last because it is just is not as efficient as solving them with other pieces.

Using commutators works great, but I think you would have done those by now if you knew how. So, you can use R U' L' U R' U' L U to move UFR -> UBR -> UBL -> UFR, and you can use (U' R' U R)2 L (R' U' R U)2 L' to flip the UFL corner counter-clockwise and the UBL corner clockwise. You will have do cube rotations (hold the cube from a different angle) and use these algorithms on the corners that you need to. With this, you should be able to solve the corners unless you have parity. In this instance, this means you will have 2 corners switched and everything else in its correct place. Doing y' B2 L U L' B2 R D' r2 F2 r2 Fw2 r2 f2 R D R2 y swaps the UFR and UFL corners.

If you don't understand notation, Here is a link to the notation page on the wiki.
Cube Notation

I'm using UFR and other 3 letter combination to name the corners. The corner this refers to is just the corner that those 3 sides intersect at. For instance, the UFR corner intersects at the Up Front and Right faces. Here is a picture where the UFR corner is shown in Yellow.
visualcube.php

If you are interested in those commutators I talked about, Here is a video explaining them. Don't expect to understand them the first time.
Commutators and Conjugates - The Ultimate Instructional Video

Last edited:

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
exactly, the whole puzzle is solved except the corners and it;s frustrating me, the tutorials i found just show how to do 1 corner at a time, is there any way to do multiple?

You can solve 2 at a time using commutators.
Are you solving a 4x4 or a 3x3?
Why have you solved everything but left the corners until last?
It is usually better to solve 4 corners of one face first, either by building a layer or while also solving some edges (F2L pairing).
If you are having a lot of trouble finishing the solve with the method you are using, maybe follow a tutorial?

AmazingCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Any good ones you know that don't spend 75% on the first three layers?

Well, this belongs even before the 3x3 stage, this is edge pairing, this is not a ll thing, you didn't finish the reduction stage. You need a tutorial for the first three layers. I don't know any good ones since I never used one, I figured it out by myself.

Randomno

Banned
WCA
2014STAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, this belongs even before the 3x3 stage, this is edge pairing, this is not a ll thing, you didn't finish the reduction stage. You need a tutorial for the first three layers. I don't know any good ones since I never used one, I figured it out by myself.

I just need to know how to solve all the LL edges and I know the rest.

I just need to know how to solve all the LL edges and I know the rest.

Basically I can solve the first three layers and I need an algorithm to fix the edges. The kungfoomanchu page looks like the edge pairing only cover the first three layers.

Last edited by a moderator: