• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

andew0

I dont know how you avoid parity on 4x4 because sometimes I get cases where there is a 2 wing swap (opposite or knight shape) and I don't know how to avoid or solve that. if you can please tell me how it makes my times like 2 minutes

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
Anyone know a good alg for these?
And mirror as well if possible

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 3

xyzzy

I dont know how you avoid parity on 4x4 because sometimes I get cases where there is a 2 wing swap (opposite or knight shape) and I don't know how to avoid or solve that. if you can please tell me how it makes my times like 2 minutes
Like LBr's pictures above?

You shouldn't be getting those cases if you're using reduction; pair all of the edges, then deal with OLL parity when you get it. "Avoiding" OLL parity is usually done by solving edge parity together with the centres, but to do that you need to know how to count the edge parity from a fully scrambled cube.

Anyone know a good alg for these?
And mirror as well if possible
Check 4BLD alg sheets.

The way I'd solve these are:
r2 F2 U2 2R U2 2R2 F2 r R U2 2R2 U2 F2 2R F2
(y') [R' F' : 2R U2 2R U2 F2 2R F2 2L' U2 2L U2 2R2]
which are almost certainly not the fastest.

xyzzy

From a 46-second mean of 12, frame-counted:

F2C: 4.3 s (9%)
3cross + L4C: 13.4 s (29%)
Edge pairing: 12.8 s (28%) (includes last cross edge)
F2L + LL: 15.7 s (34%)

Probably doesn't make too sense to compare my splits to others' because I usually also solve one F2L pair between finishing the cross and doing the rest of edge pairing.

also I got on-cam-PB single while measuring this but the camera angle is horrendous and you can barely see anything anyway

andew0

ya thanks man
Like LBr's pictures above?

You shouldn't be getting those cases if you're using reduction; pair all of the edges, then deal with OLL parity when you get it. "Avoiding" OLL parity is usually done by solving edge parity together with the centres, but to do that you need to know how to count the edge parity from a fully scrambled cube.

Check 4BLD alg sheets.

The way I'd solve these are:
r2 F2 U2 2R U2 2R2 F2 r R U2 2R2 U2 F2 2R F2
(y') [R' F' : 2R U2 2R U2 F2 2R F2 2L' U2 2L U2 2R2]
which are almost certainly not the fastes

sp33dqbr123

quick question: is doing the first three edges into half-centres, or each centre one by one (depending on availability of bars, etc), and then finishing the last edge, more optimal than doing all four white edges followed by completing the centres? I've always done the latter of these, and recently learnt half centres, so im wondering which is generally more optimal and widely used by top solvers. thanks :)

Jorian Meeuse

WCA
2022MEEU02
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
quick question: is doing the first three edges into half-centres, or each centre one by one (depending on availability of bars, etc), and then finishing the last edge, more optimal than doing all four white edges followed by completing the centres? I've always done the latter of these, and recently learnt half centres, so im wondering which is generally more optimal and widely used by top solvers. thanks :)
3 edges, then centers, then last cross edge. There isnt really an efficient way to solve the centers if all cross edges are already solved. I just tried it and it is possible but not fast by any means.

sp33dqbr123

3 edges, then centers, then last cross edge. There isnt really an efficient way to solve the centers if all cross edges are already solved. I just tried it and it is possible but not fast by any means.
ok thanks, and is it more optimal to the last cross edge in the M layer or E layer, thus rotating after all centres are solved?

and another thing, half centres isn't the best method every solve right, where sometimes there won't be any bars: in this case is it best to do every centre one by one?

ctfx

Hi...

I need some help...

I just bought a 4x4 cube. I scrambled it and I'm learning to solve it.

I followed this video tutorial (Learn How to Solve a 4x4 in 10 Minutes (Full Yau Method Tutorial).

I already scrambled the cube 4 times and each time I solve it I get one edge wrong (see attached images).

Any ideas on:

1) how to flip this piece to solve the cube

2) What I might be messing up to end up with this result?

p.s. The cube was never disassembled. Its brand new.. I only scrambled it.

Thanks

Attachments

• cube_img5.jpg
    cube_img5.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1
  • cube_img4.jpg
    cube_img4.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1
  • cube_img3.jpg
    cube_img3.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1
  • cube_img2.jpg