• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2020WADH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
What alg do you guys use for this OLL, on 4x4?

View attachment 19994
I use:
y2 L U F' U' L' U L F L'
So I know 2 OLL parity algs.

Rw U2 x Rw U2 Rw U2 Rw' U2 Lw U2 Rw' U2 Rw U2 Rw' U2 Rw' and Rw' U2 Rw' U2 Lw U2 Rw' U2 Rw U2 x U2 Rw2 U2 Rw' U2 Rw U2

The first one is the default parity alg that everybody uses, which (if you didn't know) affects PLL parity. The second one, which I found from Hashtag Cuber's video, doesn't affect PLL parity in anyway. If you did the second one and you had PLL parity during OLL, it would still give you PLL parity, but if you did the first one, you would avoid PLL parity after doing OLL.

So now my question is, is there a way to know if you have PLL parity during OLL Parity so that you can do the "right" OLL parity alg to be able to always avoid PLL parity?
Unless it's very easy, I don't think so. I just drill my parities a lot. A whole lot. I also do 3x3 solves on the 4x4 with no inspection, which helps on 3x3 stage.

What's the best 4x4 Nb perm alg?
R' U R U' R' F' U' F R U R' F R' F' R U' R