• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Kiwi-Bird

I have this on my 4×4 Rubik's cube and I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone know what to do?
I also didn't mess where the pieces were.
IMG_20201125_181829.jpg

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have this on my 4×4 Rubik's cube and I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone know what to do?
I also didn't mess where the pieces were.
View attachment 14067
The standard reduction 4x4 beginner’s method says as the second step, to pair up all the edges then. You didn’t pair all of them up, hence why a couple are unconnected

Haliax

I tried it but got the same result. Is it possible in the 4x4 for one corner piece side to correspond to the right colour but the others dont? Because in the 3x3 this is impossible. Either all three sides are wrong or all are correct. In 3x3 on side right and other two swaped isnt possible for corner pieces.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I tried it but got the same result. Is it possible in the 4x4 for one corner piece side to correspond to the right colour but the others dont? Because in the 3x3 this is impossible. Either all three sides are wrong or all are correct. In 3x3 on side right and other two swaped isnt possible for corner pieces.
No, that's not possible. You've got the centers in the wrong spots. You need to swap red and orange.

Haliax

6B7E1835-4577-4059-B7C5-913638E2BF3F.jpeg
After getting the edged paired i solved it like a 3x3. But i’ve never encountered this. Red and blue are complete tho. Any formula for only swapping these neighbouring edges?

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
View attachment 15325
After getting the edged paired i solved it like a 3x3. But i’ve never encountered this. Red and blue are complete tho. Any formula for only swapping these neighbouring edges?
You have PLL parity. Opposite PLL parity is solved by r2 U2 r2 Uw2 r2 Uw2, where r is the second layer from the right, U is just the top (Up) layer, and Uw is the top 2 layers. For adjacent parity you can either do opposite parity and then a U perm, or set up the two adjacent edges so they're opposite, and the resulting algorithm is R U R' U' r2 U2 r2 Uw2 r2 Uw2 U' R U' R'.