• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
What are you guys' thought on half-centers? Do you think it would be faster than solving centers one at a time in certain cases? I feel like the lookahead is worse for me, but if I got used to it, do you think I could improve my times by maybe half a second?(I average around 34)

hey does anyone know if you can do wide moves in the 3x3 stage on a 4x4? I can't figure out how to use my L algorithm on it (Fw (R U R' U') Fw')

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
hey does anyone know if you can do wide moves in the 3x3 stage on a 4x4? I can't figure out how to use my L algorithm on it (Fw (R U R' U') Fw')
I would use this alg instead for that OLL. F U R U' R' F'
In general, you should learn algs that have no wide moves since they cause the cube to be unstable. Especially when you get up to 6 and 7

MarkA64

Just picked up 4x4. I do all 6 centers first and then do edge pairing but I noticed that, somehow, the centers swap positions after I'm finished pairing the edges. Maybe it's because I use Dw R' F R F' R U' R' for the last two edges? Not sure. Also is it viable to do centers first then edges?

Thanks.

maticuber

WCA
2009MACA01
Just picked up 4x4. I do all 6 centers first and then do edge pairing but I noticed that, somehow, the centers swap positions after I'm finished pairing the edges. Maybe it's because I use Dw R' F R F' R U' R' for the last two edges? Not sure. Also is it viable to do centers first then edges?

Thanks.

You do freeslice or cycles for the edges? that alg should work. Doing centers and then edges is a valid method, but you really want to use Yau4 for 4x4, it's a lot better

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Also is it viable to do centers first then edges?

No, it's better to do Yau, which solves two opposite centers, then solves 3 cross edges, then the last 4 centers, then the final cross edge, and then a cool method called 3-2-3 to solve the remaining edges, then it's just 3x3