• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
I don't know if you should listen to me, as I am 1:45 average, but helped drop my time by 45 seconds was not doing the 3 white cross edges and skipping to the 4 other centers. This is for me, but when I work on the 4 middle centers, I always mess up the cross edges, so that's why I just solve all of the edges after I finish the centers.
Stop doing that. Trust me, it's worse than Yau. I did that for a while since it was quicker and when I switched it took a while. It's slower right now since you're not used to it, but please use normal Yau right now, it'll save you a lot of headache in the end.

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
Anything specific I can do to improve my cross edges(Yau)?
The main thing that helped me was making sure you always look for the first cross edge while you finish up the first two centers. Other that that I would say just turn a bit slower than you would during last four centers or the rest of the solve.

xyzzy

How does OPA work? I couldn't find any info on it
Time for you kids to learn some Chinese.

Trace cycles like in 4BLD to determine parity, and keep track of parity up until you have three centres solved. Every quarter wide/slice move toggles parity, while outer-layer moves and half wide/slice moves don't affect parity. Adjust the solution of the third centre so that there is even edge parity there, and you're done. (With Yau, that really means tracking parity throughout F2C, 3/4 cross, and one more centre. This is obviously really hard. This is easier with Hoya or redux.)