• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2018SEGA02
YouTube
The Ananymous Cuber
Here's the deal: I've recently started practicing 4x4 but I would like to get faster. I'm sub-13 on 3x3 but my 4x4 average is in the low-50s on a good day and I feel like I should be a lot faster at 4x4 than I am. I use Yau of course. Below are the time splits for each step:
F2C: sub-5
First 3 Cross Edges: sub-8
L4C (Half Centers): 8 to 8.5
Last Cross Edge: sub-3
3-2-3 Edges: about 11 (I know a bunch of algs for L2E)
And 3x3 Stage: about 16
My OLL Parity is like sub-3
My PLL Parity is sub-2 (counting the regrip before the alg)

What should I be working on the most? Also, let me know if you want to see me do a couple example solves. Not sure how helpful that would be. Thanks in advance!

I'm sub 50 with no l2e algs - my opinion is that f2c should be like, 3 seconds tops. First center should be completely planned during inspection so it should be less than 1 second or so.

Also first 3 edges need work. This is the part that got me the most reward to getting sub 50.

WCA
2018SEGA02
YouTube
The Ananymous Cuber
I'm sub 50 with no l2e algs - my opinion is that f2c should be like, 3 seconds tops. First center should be completely planned during inspection so it should be less than 1 second or so.

Also first 3 edges need work. This is the part that got me the most reward to getting sub 50.
That's about what my F2C are. I agree that my F3E need the most work. Do you think my 3-2-3 is ok? Thanks for the response btw

Edit: Not what my F2C are by time. But I have my whole first center planned and I track at least 2 pieces of second center and preserve bars when I have them