• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
You have what is called OLL parity. There are three new turns you need to know for the algorithm that fixes it:
Rr - Turn the right two layers up, Rr' means turn them down instead
Ll - Turn the left two layers down, Ll' is up
x - Turn the whole cube so that what was the front is now the top
Now that those are out of the way, the algorithm is: Rr U2 x Rr U2 Rr U2 Rr' U2 Ll U2 Rr' U2 Rr U2 Rr' U2 Rr'.
I hope that helped.

You have what is called OLL parity. There are three new turns you need to know for the algorithm that fixes it:
Rr - Turn the right two layers up, Rr' means turn them down instead
Ll - Turn the left two layers down, Ll' is up
x - Turn the whole cube so that what was the front is now the top
Now that those are out of the way, the algorithm is: Rr U2 x Rr U2 Rr U2 Rr' U2 Ll U2 Rr' U2 Rr U2 Rr' U2 Rr'.
I hope that helped.
Thanks! I already solved it but you learnt me new moves, i was looking at that algorithm and i saw X and i was like: Whats that? And you helped me to figure it out, thanks :)

I need help making my time better... I use reduction(6 edge pairing method) followed by fridrich F2l then 3look LL.

My average is about 3 mins and i think I've finished reduction at around 1:30-1:45.. the rest is all 3x3x3.. which i think i'll improve on one day..

In my reduction, my centers are very slow... about 30-40 seconds.. :( So i'd like some center solving tips please...

With edges i've been practicing looking forward so that's getting better imo..

So overall I'd like some reduction tips :)

Or if someone wants to suggest I learn a different method that's great...
The only recommendation that I can give you is to learn the YAU method. It is by far the best 4x4 method now days.

Tips for 4x4:
-get a good 4x4 like the Aosu gts 2 or the Valk 4m. if your going budget wise, go for an mf4 (fast but locky) or the Qiyi Qiyuan
-learn Yau. the best 4x4ers use Yau and it is (in my opinion) better than Redux(reduction)
-Look-ahead on 4x4, which is harder than 3x3 because there are more pieces to track.
-tps increase AFTER lookahead. it is important to increase TPS after lookahead because you can't track pieces when starting with a fast tps

and I guess you can look at other threads, I'm still only sub-1:30