• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
what does 2Rw2 mean and does the lowercase mean anything. Which notation is the most commonly used thanks in advance
oh and what does r represent in wca notation
IIRC it doesn't represent anything
In WCA notation it might not mean anything but in certain other notations (idk what it's called) it means the same as Rw

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Most commonly lower case letters in 4x4 are inner slice moves. I think technically WCA notation for a clockwise right inner slice move would be Rw R', but that's not often the best way to execute it, hence the variation.

Fesio

I've been recently doing 4x4 and have learned 3-2-2-2-3 edge pairing and got my times to high 1 mins, and I'm wondering what time I should switch to yau or hoya.

Fesio

I've now learned yau because hoya wasn't making sense to me, and I've been getting a lot worse times, but it's probably because I just need to practice it. Thanks!

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I've now learned yau because hoya wasn't making sense to me, and I've been getting a lot worse times, but it's probably because I just need to practice it. Thanks!

My times went from ~3:20 to 4:00+ switching from redux to Yau, but got down to ~2:45 within 100-150 solves. Almost 1,000 solves later I got my first sub 1:30 today! Practice pays off, but it might take a while.

EzyLogic

Hey so I'm new to 4x4s and I solved it twice so far but on my third attempt the corners went like backwards it's hard to explain so I'll just post pictures HERE.

So I have no idea how this happened I think it might be a PLL problem but no matter where I look I can't find a fix anywhere, I tried like 10 PLL's but none worked so I'm getting stupid frustrated with this.

Thanks for the help.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey so I'm new to 4x4s and I solved it twice so far but on my third attempt the corners went like backwards it's hard to explain so I'll just post pictures HERE.
Your centres are wrong. You need to swap two opposite centres with Rw2 F2 B2 Rw2 (but next time make sure to solve them in the correct places to start with).

Neptunolium

WCA
2016JOHN07
Build the cross edges on the left, gives a better transition to centers because no rotation and has better fingertricks.
Thanks, do you build centers on L and R faces as well for no rotation?

Also, I feel like I'm doing practically everything right using yau, doing 3-2-3 for pairing etc., is improving in yau merely solving again and again?

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks, do you build centers on L and R faces as well for no rotation?

Also, I feel like I'm doing practically everything right using yau, doing 3-2-3 for pairing etc., is improving in yau merely solving again and again?

No, I build my first two centers on U and D, then rotate for cross edges and L4C, then rotate back for edge pairing and 3x3. I'm not sure if it's the best way but I think I saw a reconstruction of one of Feliks' solves where he built the first two centers o U/D too.

Well, Yau consists of lots of intuitive steps, so with time and practice you'll find many small tricks for certain cases that improve your solves in the long run!

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's a cool way to do parity on 4x4 that I've started playing with. I'm still slow with it but it definitely should be able to be done fast. It's a little tricky to hear what I say in parts, but not for anything important so whatever. As per the video, shoutout to Chris Tran for being cool <3.

Y2k1

WCA
2017AHME03
Here's a cool way to do parity on 4x4 that I've started playing with. I'm still slow with it but it definitely should be able to be done fast. It's a little tricky to hear what I say in parts, but not for anything important so whatever. As per the video, shoutout to Chris Tran for being cool <3.

Please write algs down, and ill learn them asap! Nice concept

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Please write algs down, and ill learn them asap! Nice concept
My bad, the description is updated with a link to TTLL algs, and a note of which corner to put at UFR for each case.

description said:
Which corner to swap with DFR position during parity, assume DFR corner at UBL as per the TTLL alg page:
Bars: UBL (EPLL)
Front opp: UFR (right opp)
Right opp: UFR (front opp)
Front bar: UFL (front opp)
Right bar: UBR (right opp)
Both opp: UBR (front opp)

TTLL algs: http://gyroninja.net/zzct/zzct-ttll.html

My preferred parity algs:
OP: F' l' U2 l' U2 l U2 l' U2 r U2' l' U2 l U2' (r' l2') U2 l F
DP: z' (F2 x) l2' U2 l U2 l' U2 l U2' (B2 x2') r U2 r U2' (r' l') U2 z