• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

andew0

I dont know how you avoid parity on 4x4 because sometimes I get cases where there is a 2 wing swap (opposite or knight shape) and I don't know how to avoid or solve that. if you can please tell me how it makes my times like 2 minutes

xyzzy

I dont know how you avoid parity on 4x4 because sometimes I get cases where there is a 2 wing swap (opposite or knight shape) and I don't know how to avoid or solve that. if you can please tell me how it makes my times like 2 minutes
Like LBr's pictures above?

You shouldn't be getting those cases if you're using reduction; pair all of the edges, then deal with OLL parity when you get it. "Avoiding" OLL parity is usually done by solving edge parity together with the centres, but to do that you need to know how to count the edge parity from a fully scrambled cube.

Anyone know a good alg for these?
And mirror as well if possible
Check 4BLD alg sheets.

The way I'd solve these are:
r2 F2 U2 2R U2 2R2 F2 r R U2 2R2 U2 F2 2R F2
(y') [R' F' : 2R U2 2R U2 F2 2R F2 2L' U2 2L U2 2R2]
which are almost certainly not the fastest.

xyzzy

From a 46-second mean of 12, frame-counted:

F2C: 4.3 s (9%)
3cross + L4C: 13.4 s (29%)
Edge pairing: 12.8 s (28%) (includes last cross edge)
F2L + LL: 15.7 s (34%)

Probably doesn't make too sense to compare my splits to others' because I usually also solve one F2L pair between finishing the cross and doing the rest of edge pairing.

also I got on-cam-PB single while measuring this but the camera angle is horrendous and you can barely see anything anyway

andew0

ya thanks man
Like LBr's pictures above?

You shouldn't be getting those cases if you're using reduction; pair all of the edges, then deal with OLL parity when you get it. "Avoiding" OLL parity is usually done by solving edge parity together with the centres, but to do that you need to know how to count the edge parity from a fully scrambled cube.

Check 4BLD alg sheets.

The way I'd solve these are:
r2 F2 U2 2R U2 2R2 F2 r R U2 2R2 U2 F2 2R F2
(y') [R' F' : 2R U2 2R U2 F2 2R F2 2L' U2 2L U2 2R2]
which are almost certainly not the fastes