• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wanna get sub1 global I use Yau 3-2-3 edge pairing and practice a lot but I keep getting 1:06+ times. And my cube pops ALOT DURING PLL PARITY
Yau 3-2-3 is very easy to get fast at. Takes alot of practice and some time, but you'll get there. Remember to turn smoothly and at a moderate speed to avoid lockups and pops. (Most of my fastest solves felt super slow anyway! Lol). Also, you might want to tighten whichever layer pops during pll parity. Pops are annoying and you'll want to avoid them as much as possible.

JDAW6

WCA
2023KOTW01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yau 3-2-3 is very easy to get fast at. Takes alot of practice and some time, but you'll get there. Remember to turn smoothly and at a moderate speed to avoid lockups and pops. (Most of my fastest solves felt super slow anyway! Lol). Also, you might want to tighten whichever layer pops during pll parity. Pops are annoying and you'll want to avoid them as much as possible.
Yeah I am actually turning slower it helps a lot also. The yellow pops during pll parity what did u expect lol

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm looking for a 4x4 Parity alg that is Pureflip, I learnt it a while ago and had a PDF with Setups for Parity OLL but i seemed to have lost it. If anyone knows what the alg is, that would be helpful

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm looking for a 4x4 Parity alg that is Pureflip, I learnt it a while ago and had a PDF with Setups for Parity OLL but i seemed to have lost it. If anyone knows what the alg is, that would be helpful
I'm aware of guides like that, but none that is a PDF.

But those types of algs are very plentiful. (I could point you to a list with over 350 such algorithms!)

I am guessing that the alg you learned is one of the following two (or their inverses):
r' U2 l F2 l' F2 r2 U2 r U2 r' U2 F2 r2 F2 (25 quarter turns, 15 half turns)
r2 B2 U2 l U2 r' U2 r U2 F2 r F2 l' B2 r2 (25 quarter turns, 15 half turns)

However, they are considered slow for speedsolving compared to, say, Lucas Parity.
Rw U2 x Rw U2 Rw U2 Rw' U2 Lw U2 Rw' U2 Rw U2 Rw' U2 Rw' (25 quarter turns, 17 half turns)

Yes, that's not a pure flip version, but the general form of it,
Rw U2 Rw F2 Rw F2 Lw' U2 Lw U2 Rw' U2 Rw U2 Rw' U2 Rw' (25 quarter turns, 17 half turns)

can be converted into the "pure" form by rewriting all double turns as single inner slice turns (... well, I left some of the turns as double turns, because they can be and the alg is still "pure"),
Rw U2 Rw F2 2R F2 2L' U2 2L U2 2R' U2 2R U2 Rw' U2 Rw' (25, 17)

Lastly, there are algorithms like cmowla parity (one of mine) which only requires 3 inner slice turns. (All the above require 5 or more.)
x' r2 U2 l' U2 2R U2 l F2 U 2R U' F2 U 2R' U r2 x (23, 16)

(And again, I know of literally several hundred more algs. If you want one with specific types of moves, etc., just ask!)

And I said "pure" in quotes several times, because people actually use that term to describe supercube safe algorithms - algorithms which do not permute any centers. None of the algorithms above appear to permute centers, but they do. (They 2 swaps of centers, swapping the same color with the same color.) Algs like the following are what we refer to as pure. (Not that I personally care, but others have been pretty "touchy" about it in the past!)

Alg by Ben Whitmore... original post is no longer on the web. Linked to a 4x4x4 supercube applet to show that the net effect does not disrupt any centers!
2R' U' 2U 2R U' 2R U 2R 2U' 2R' 2U 2R U 2R U' 2R u' 2R' U2 (20, 19)