• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

4x4 Blindfolded Tutorial (VIDEO)

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Another tutorial by me. This one is not as good as my others, I'm afraid, it's kind of hard to explain. Thanks to Maarten Smit for teaching me this method.

Introduction:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony

Professional Speedcuber
WCA
2008SEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've never bothered to even try 4x4 BLD mainly because there weren't any good video tutorials. When I get a chance I'll check out your videos. Thanks. :)

Gparker

YouTube
Visit Channel
you should use the same angle as form the visual tutorial. i think that is the best angle.

also, you should make example solves for all of your tutorials :) or i could make some and send them to you, but id like it better if you did it

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the praise everyone, but I'm sorry, you might be disappointed with this tutorial. It was really hard to explain, and I had a lot of trouble with it.

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Pretty good. I love the quality and the camera placement.

You explain things quite well for me. I don't think people with not that much cubing knowledge would understand it, however this is not intended for those sort of people. (Sorry long complicated sentence.)

Faz

Former Clock NR Holder
WCA
2009ZEMD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oops sorry. With M2, I only shoot to UB UF and DB. I orient at the end.

My alg that shoots to DB is U2 M' U2 M'.
This works when the M slice has been rotated 90 degrees.
If I wanted to shoot to DB when the M slice is correct, I would use M U2 M U2

Your algs for 4x4 are the opposite to this - that is what confused me. Now I understand it

WCA
2008SMIT04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Because I didn't include that in my tutorial :p

If you want, I can edit in another section, explaining commutators for edges, so Brian can make another part in his tutorial.

Anyway, Brian, nice tutorial! I know it's hard to explain, even on paper, but when you've made a part, next time, watch it, and remake parts you don't like. I think you just rush through it. But sometimes you keep repeating things, like how hard this is. Of course, you should always encourage watchers, by saying: 'It's not as hard as it sounds.' Or something like that.