• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

4 WR BROKEN in BEIJING TODAY

royzabeast

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm also positive he wouldn't cheat, and I know it's the judge's fault for not paying attention to a very crucial rule, I just wanted to be sure.

Why are you so positive he wouldn't cheat? If it's because he has a blindfold world record, I think we can all agree that that's not proven to be a very good method.

I'm not saying I have any reason to believe he cheated (I don't, and I don't think he did), I just don't think getting good BLD times is reason enough to be completely trusted. There's only a few people whom I'm completely, positively sure would not peek when presented an easy opportunity to do so. I'm not saying that anyone is dishonest, I'm just saying that I don't have any reason to know for sure for most people, especially for people I've never met.

Why are you questioning his trust in the WR holder when you have the same trust? The reasons you don't think he cheated are probably the same reasons that Bobby doesn't think that he cheated.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
L2 D' F2 U2 L2 B2 U2 R' F' R' B L B2 R B' R2 B D L2
Haiyan Zhuang's 35.96s bld scramble.

This is definitely not the scramble he solved. From no scrambling angle does it match http://cid-6a0225773735dfd7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Beijing%20Summer%20Open%202009/DSC%5E_6608.jpg#resId/6A0225773735DFD7!662, which is clearer than, but agrees with, the videos.

(Note the four green pieces on the top in the photo.)

EDIT: qqwref found it, see below. R2 F2 D2 R' U D B U2 B' U2 F U B R F' D R2 B in WCA orientation. I might have gotten it sooner had my internet connection not been acting silly. :-/ But really, I'll start reconstructing from the vids I have.

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
After taking a look at a good image and the best quality video I can find (watch HQ) I believe the following scramble is the one in the world record scramble:

Yellow top, red front
L2 F' U2 B' L2 D2 U2 B2 D R' U' L' F R D F U' B' L2 (19f, probably not optimal) (view on alg.garron.us)

Haiyan solves green top, red front, by the way.

EDIT: optimal solution found! still use yellow top, red front:
F2 R2 U2 F' D U L D2 L' D2 R D L F R' U F2 L (18f*) (view on alg.garron.us).

Last edited: