• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 3x3x3 (fake) single: 3.13 - Nicholas Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

mDiPalma

scramble:

Scramble: B L2 F2 D2 F D2 B' L2 F2 U2 F' R B U B' U' R' * U R2 D2 F2

*=F2L inconspicuously solved

F2 D2 R2 // F2L
F (sexy)2 F' U // LL

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Scramble looks like an LL scramble with three half turns added on. Of course, the random state scrambler could choose any position, but I don't think it would solve it this way. It's also ludicrously unlikely to have a 3-move F2L on a random state (anyone wanna calculate the probability?), so given that he had such a scramble, it's far more likely that he faked it than that he got it by luck.

Even if it legitimate, though... I think everyone agrees that personal bests, and unofficial records, should be nonlucky, or at least lucky within reason (say, a single skip or a very nice starting block). It's very silly to think that this kind of solve should be considered a "UWR" - especially when solving it in under 2.5 or even 2.0 is not particularly hard.

On his youtube channel he has a vid showing how he executes his E perm, i think this solve is legit knowing how good he is.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
On his youtube channel he has a vid showing how he executes his E perm, i think this solve is legit knowing how good he is.

lol, from an E Perm execution?

@QQRef, would you be able to find how your program WOULD reach that state? I'm sure it wouldn't go through preserving F2L, then scrambling it slightly. There must be a more efficient scramble to reach that state.

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
I am surprised by the fact that nobody noticed how the solve is 3.13 on the screen but he refers to it as 3.14 at the end of the video :D

my personal theory is that his camera quality is delibaretly bad because he called his 3.13 solve before and posted it in the facebook group, but he didnt even have it on video there, and he didnt even manage to do a proper fake with the right scramble popping up on qqtimer and him getting a real 3.13 on it. i suspect it's not actually 3.13 (although i havent checked the time yet), there's a cut when he picks up the cam, and the scramble on qqtimer is actually a whole different scramble. (he took about a week to upload the video after he posted solve, i think he wasnt even smart enough to make the video first and then post the actual time he got on the scramble LOL)

So why give him attention?

i find it fun. you could also say it gives practice in spotting fake solves, but this one is so obvious i doubt it has any effect :p

Status
Not open for further replies.