• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3x3 Cube

CubeAddict

Just wondering how long a cube lasts you? For me one cube lasts me about a month with hours a practice everyday. The stickers become ugly and the cube starts to seem jiggly as if any moment a edge piece will pop out.

tenderchkn

A cube should last for years with hours of practice every day. Stickers are another story.

CubeAddict

Years? not for my friend lol. His cube lasted him for a couple of months, a cubie will pop every 5 seconds.

choipster

if my cube pops pretty frequently, does that mean I should get a new cube? mine probably pops once out of every twenty to thirty solves.

InfiniteZero

Mine popped ONCE in it whole existence... O_O!

I was twisting it weird an it popped in school. My cube is really smooth, not very loose, but it isn't easy to cut corners.

choipster

hmm, I guess i'll have to invest in a new cube. probably just get one from walmart. my friend just bought one and hers works really well.

Richard

Umm, popping is very VERY normal. I have a DIY, and i pop probably once every 10 solves or so. The only reason you should buy a new cube is if a center piece breaks off. Stickers can be replaced, and pops are normal...

kunu822

Er, I've had my current cube for two years, works fine, great for speedcubing, no pops, and only replaced stickers once.

doubleyou

@ Kunu822, you havent restickerd more than ONCE? in two years?
can I ask what brand of stickers/cube you got?
I had to resticker my annivesaries with cubesmith stickers after ONE week.

pops are indeed normal. especially with the diy. I tend to set the tension to be too light I think. but mine pops also at least within 20 solves.

icke

WCA
2008THUR01
i use a DIY cube now. so he is more loose then a anniversary cube. he pops now every twenty solves, which is mot bad i think. i realy try to cut the edges sometimes uncontroled and then the center pice blocks the corner pice and it "shoots" out. my newest DIY cube is even looser but still ok. my old anniversary cube never poped. i had two change the original stickers after i think two month because there was not much left of them. the DIY cubes have pvc stickrs and they are still very good, probably can use them at least for another half year. once in two years i realy something. i dont think any of my stickers will last that long

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have been using an Rubiks.com DIY cube (with the screw tension set looser) for 5 months straight for everything, (OH)Speedsolving, blindfolded and Competitions, now I have two new ones, so now this cube is my competition one handed cube. :lol:

And it doesn't pop realy that fast... :rolleyes: