• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 3x3x3 BLD - First success!!!

Keroma12

WCA
2010MATT02
YouTube
Visit Channel

This time when I solved it, I stopped the timer instead of doing another algorithm ;)

Scramble: R' U' B' U2 L2 D U2 R' U' B' F2 R B D' F D' F2 L' F L D R F' D' R
The memorization starts at about 0:38 and the solve starts at about 7:00. Total time was 9:59.78. Sub-10 :)

This was my 5th attempt at solving a rubik's cube blindfolded, and my first success! :D The first 3 were really really close, and the 4th wasn't as close, but was still a decent attempt.

As for my method, I have been told that it is Old Pochmann.

Last edited by a moderator:

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That peculiarly reflective sheen of the perfectly flat sides of a Haiyan's cube is unmistakable. It is an A6, I would bet my Memory on it.

Welcome to BLD! I am only just achieving a 50% success rate myself...good times!

ThatGuy

WCA
2010GUSH01
Nice! If your going to any comps soon try to get your next success in comp. 2nd-3rd success in comp feels really good.

Keroma12

WCA
2010MATT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very nice! Congratz! Keep practising und you will eventually be sub-5!

you mean if he changes his method don't you?

you can be sub 2 with old poch

I doubt I will ever change my method, although I may.

Since I am still new to BLD, and spent about two minutes just checking for potential problems and stuff. When I am more comfortable, I will just skip this step. I'll hopefully get sub-7 in a while.

Keroma12

WCA
2010MATT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very nice! Congratz! Keep practising und you will eventually be sub-5!

you mean if he changes his method don't you?

you can be sub 2 with old poch

I doubt I will ever change my method, although I may.

Since I am still new to BLD, and spent about two minutes just checking for potential problems and stuff. When I am more comfortable, I will just skip this step. I'll hopefully get sub-7 in a while.

Okay so my next solve was successful and took 7:00.30. :D Maybe sub7 sooner than I thought?

Congratulations, and welcome to your new addiction!

Chris

It is addicting!

Last edited: