• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 3x3 Walkthrough Solves [Tips Welcomed]

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I did a few walkthrough solves to show how I would solve a scramble in a competition. I know my methods are beginner and I am not efficient at all. But it would be nice to get some feedback from you fast people on what (other than lookahead) that I should be focusing on improving. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

G2013

Either in the underground or doing BLD somewhere
WCA
2013DIPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The cross on the 3rd solve was unnecessarily complicated, it could've been done like this:
z2 y /Inspection
D2 /Put DL in place
U' /Setup so when you place DR the DF piece is easier
R' F /Place DR and DF
D' R D /Place final edge
It was luck that your cross was on the 8 moves limit, because you didn't notice the D2 move that could have been done at the start. Doing that kind of little mistakes could make a good cross into a disaster, be careful ;)
You should practice cross-efficiency by having a look at some advanced cross example videos, and of course use the inspection to find a 8-moves-or-less cross and a pair, and maybe learn some easy OLL cases like
[CUBE]pzl=3&case=r U R' U R U2 r'&stage=oll,f2l[/CUBE] Solved with: r U R' U R U2 r'
[CUBE]pzl=3&case=r U2 R' U' R U' r'&stage=oll,f2l[/CUBE] Solved with: r U2 R' U' R U' r'
[CUBE]pzl=3&case=r U R' U R U' R' U R U2 r'&stage=oll,f2l[/CUBE] Solved with: r U R' U R U' R' U R U2 r'
[CUBE]pzl=3&case=F R U R' U' F' f R U R' U' f'&stage=oll,f2l[/CUBE] Solved with: F R U R' U' F' f R U R' U' f'