• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 Rubik's Cube Example Solve

300SpartanX

my example thing: please comment.
edit: i took out the word "tutorial" by popular request.

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2010YUPH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you normally rotate the cube that much during f2l and cross?

Also please tell people what faces were front and top when you were scrambling. Most people assume green front and white top if it's not given but that doesn't work here.

Last edited:

300SpartanX

Why don't you talk? A beginner won't have a clue whats going on. Also, need to work on cross, you did a bunch of unnecessary moves that could have been canceled out. You did 9, coulda been 6. Stopped watching after cross.

in the description i wrote "not for beginners"
and my voice is weird. but thanks for the feedback.

300SpartanX

Do you normally rotate the cube that much during f2l and cross?

Also please tell people what faces were front and top when you were scrambling. Most people assume green front and white top if it's not given but that doesn't work here.

i actually dont. its hard to find the peices through the camera lenses, and when i dont look into the camera display the cube gets outa the cameras view.
ill work on finding the sides once my parents give me my cube back.
lolz
i forgot

300SpartanX

Beginners are the ones who need the tutorial/example solves. This video doesn't teach anything, and is therefore, sort of worthless. And since nothing is explained..

ok...

this was meant to be a basic example. i wasnt trying to teach anything. i do have an f2l tutorial on my channel though

... which is something i actually understand

Last edited by a moderator:

300SpartanX

No, not really at all.

As for the video, you really shouldn't be trying to do example solves if you aren't going to talk and have such a high move cross.

I don't want to sound mean or anything, I'm just trying to be constructive.

maybe im just not good at this stuff...
see my f2l tutorial is that good.

Anonymous

who capatalizes words?
btw i used shift key when i wrote that question mark.
That's a toughie...

But anyway, this is a little eeeh. I mean, your cross had a really high movecount, and throughout the video you just kept on rotating it randomly / uselessly. Plus, at the beginning there was a pre-made pair that for some reason you didn't utilize. Three sort of big problems, IMO.

Aside from those, the problem is that you don't speak. So anyone who's experienced enough to actually understand what's going on without any explanation is going to find your video worthless because of the rotations, lack of cool F2L tricks, mediocre cross, etc.
Anyone who might be so inexperienced that your "demonstration" could help them is going to be lost anyway because you don't speak.

What was the purpose of this video again? I don't want to flame you, but I really want to know what use you had in mind for this video when you made it.

300SpartanX

That's a toughie...

But anyway, this is a little eeeh. I mean, your cross had a really high movecount, and throughout the video you just kept on rotating it randomly / uselessly. Plus, at the beginning there was a pre-made pair that for some reason you didn't utilize. Three sort of big problems, IMO.

Aside from those, the problem is that you don't speak. So anyone who's experienced enough to actually understand what's going on without any explanation is going to find your video worthless because of the rotations, lack of cool F2L tricks, mediocre cross, etc.
Anyone who might be so inexperienced that your "demonstration" could help them is going to be lost anyway because you don't speak.

What was the purpose of this video again? I don't want to flame you, but I really want to know what use you had in mind for this video when you made it.

i was bored...

Anonymous

i was bored...

=/

Please, please, please, look at other people's tutorials / demonstration solves, read more FAQs / tips and tricks threads, and just cube for longer and get more experience before you keep making videos like this. There's no point until you get... better.

300SpartanX

=/

Please, please, please, look at other people's tutorials / demonstration solves, read more FAQs / tips and tricks threads, and just cube for longer and get more experience before you keep making videos like this. There's no point until you get... better.

what times should i average/
i average 23 seconds now.