• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Aluminum's Progression thread/Sub 30 3x3/Sub 2 4x4/Working on planing out whole cross/Sub 1 3oh/Sub 5 2x2

Aluminum

So, I use the MFJS magnetic meilong as my main 3x3, i use beginner cfop, Do you have any tips about how I could get sub 30, or maybe even sub 25 without learning a ton more algorithms?

Last edited:

Imsoosm

There are a lot of ways to improve on your times, depending on which area you are the worst at.
1. Cross
If you didn't know,any cross can be solved in just 8 turns. It takes a bit of time to fully learn how turns affect other cross edges, but with practice I'm sure you'll get there.
2. First and Second Layers
I don't think you know F2L, so you can improve on turning speed. For beginners' method, these two layers are arguably the easiest step to do. You can also start to work on a little bit of look-ahead, so while you are solving this edge, you keep your eyes on another edge so there won't be any pausing between turns.
3. Last Layer
For 4 look last layer, you can work on faster recognition. For orienting yellow layer, there's really not much to work on except to turn faster. If you want to get a bit serious into cubing, then learn full CFOP. In permuting the last layer, you should not use cube rotations. For example, you have a pair of headlights on the left side of the cube. Don't rotate your cube to the right to solve that headlight, instead, just do U' to bring the headlight in front of you.

These are just a few tips, and I don't know if you use these or not, so hopefully this helps you get to sub-25. I memorized nearly all of CFOP algs, and my average is 13 seconds. However, if you want me to do beginners' method, my average would be 20-25 (that's pretty much the fastest you can get with beginner's) and occasionally I might get sub-20. Good luck ;)

Zeke_beke

I am working towards sub 20 so I do have a few tips practice efficient cross, work to be able to figure out what case you have,and just practice (but that last ones obvious)

Aluminum

There are a lot of ways to improve on your times, depending on which area you are the worst at.
1. Cross
If you didn't know,any cross can be solved in just 8 turns. It takes a bit of time to fully learn how turns affect other cross edges, but with practice I'm sure you'll get there.
2. First and Second Layers
I don't think you know F2L, so you can improve on turning speed. For beginners' method, these two layers are arguably the easiest step to do. You can also start to work on a little bit of look-ahead, so while you are solving this edge, you keep your eyes on another edge so there won't be any pausing between turns.
3. Last Layer
For 4 look last layer, you can work on faster recognition. For orienting yellow layer, there's really not much to work on except to turn faster. If you want to get a bit serious into cubing, then learn full CFOP. In permuting the last layer, you should not use cube rotations. For example, you have a pair of headlights on the left side of the cube. Don't rotate your cube to the right to solve that headlight, instead, just do U' to bring the headlight in front of you.

These are just a few tips, and I don't know if you use these or not, so hopefully this helps you get to sub-25. I memorized nearly all of CFOP algs, and my average is 13 seconds. However, if you want me to do beginners' method, my average would be 20-25 (that's pretty much the fastest you can get with beginner's) and occasionally I might get sub-20. Good luck ;)
Ok, the OLL tips will probably be most important for me. I also will be getting a lubricant soon so that will be good.

Aluminum

Sorry forgot to reply!!!!!! anyway, I got a 30.04 a while ago, just was too lazy to post it
Also got this Moyu magnetic cube (full name is moyu meilong 3m magnetic 3x3) and a 5x5 and 6x6 and lunar from speedcubeshop
Also, I DID get my sub-30, with a 25.17 before i got the new cubes, so i could just end this thread, but now my goal will be Sub-25.

Aluminum

Sorry forgot to reply!!!!!! anyway, I got a 30.04 a while ago, just was too lazy to post it
Also got this Moyu magnetic cube (full name is moyu meilong 3m magnetic 3x3) and a 5x5 and 6x6 and lunar from speedcubeshop
Also, I DID get my sub-30, with a 25.17 before i got the new cubes, so i could just end this thread, but now my goal will be Sub-25.
wow aluminum thats alot of also's

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, I use the Qiyi Warrior S as my main 3x3, i use the beginners method but with 4 look last layer, and i recently got a pb of 35.33 on it. Do you have any tips about how I could get sub 30, or maybe even sub 25 without learning a ton more algorithms?
Try to focus on the thought process during the solve to get faster. You need not turn faster or learn advanced algsets for that.

Good luck!