• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 3x3 blindfolded in 6:53.40

Geert

Premium Member
WCA
2010BICL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just started doing blindfolded 5 days ago, this is my best time so far.
I now have about a 1 in 4 success rate.
Tips and tricks are always welcome!!!

Scramble:
 B' R' U' D' L' B' L2 B2 R' B' F' D2 L2 R2 B' D B2 U' F R2 B D' F2 D2 B2
Method: Classic Pochmann

Memorization:
Edges

PJ wants to wear his YaMmies with LeD’s of a UFo on them, i ask him Why
Corners

JaQ / DJ / VS / Oooo
Flipped edges visually: UF & RD

Last edited by a moderator:

Geert

Premium Member
WCA
2010BICL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice job Geert!

I'm still working on my memo System, tried tapping first now changed to images.

I tried tapping, but that didn't work for me.
I now assign letters to each sticker and remember them in pairs, that seems to be working for me.
And it makes it easy to keep track of parity :)

Goosly

WCA
2010VERE01
More practice -> you will get more familiar with your setup moves for each piece, so execution will become more fluent and your success rate will rise. I'm not sure if you use T-perm only for edges, you could try using J-perms as well.
Also your d2 looks weird :p maybe you should use a cube that's more tight, so you can do d2 just by pushing the middle layer with your middle finger

Geert

Premium Member
WCA
2010BICL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
More practice -> you will get more familiar with your setup moves for each piece, so execution will become more fluent and your success rate will rise. I'm not sure if you use T-perm only for edges, you could try using J-perms as well.
Also your d2 looks weird :p maybe you should use a cube that's more tight, so you can do d2 just by pushing the middle layer with your middle finger

I do use J-perms
And I do my d2 weird so I don't forget to undo it...correctly, I often make a mistake when I undo the d2, I do a D2 instead...

Last edited:

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
Hi Geert, welcome to the BLD club!
Let's race at the next comp :)

pro tip for OP: to shoot to LU use x' R2 U' R' U x R' F' U' F R U R' U', this makes set ups for the L face so much easier.

insane569

WCA
2011LUEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Same with Cubenovice, L face is annoying when it comes to setup moves. That alg he posted is great. I would use it. As for memo, that will come with time. You'll notice a drop in your times altogether as your execution becomes more solid (setup moves) and memo becomes easier (less time to think about the sticker/placement)
All in all, good job man.