• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 Algorithm Sets Improvement

Thread starter #1
Hello guys...

I started cubing 9 months ago. I recently became sub 20 and I average about 18~19 sec. Also yesterday, I got my pb single of 12.64 and pb ao5 of 16.23.

The problem is I am still using 4lll (almost 3lll). I have to memorize pll g perms and all of oll. But currently I don't have much time for cubing.

So my questions are "when should I start to learn oll in terms of sub X?" and "Does memorizing oll significantly affect your time?"

Also how is my improvement compared to average cubers? I heard many of them become sub 15 within a year... :'(

WCA
2014RONG01
To be honest learn it whenever you want I don't really like people saying you have to be sub-x to learn something, just try to make sure to use correct finger tricks when learning algs.
Start learning OLL right now and try to do like 1 set a week you'll be finished in no time.
Good times are subjective improve at your own pace and just try to have fun pushing your own limits