• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3rd Layer Algorithm in 3x3 cube

GalPro

Hi,
are there any algorithms that can solve all 4 corners of the 3x3 cube (3rd layer) once they are oriented correctly?

Thanks

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Keep it on topic. We are trying to help beginners here, not have pointless discussions.

rjohnson_8ball's answer was good, anything after that was unnecessary.

WCA
2009JOHN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
@jtjogobonito, I was going to mention also recommend the U2 + H-perm for the original poster too. Sometimes a beginner does not notice that swapping diagonally opposite corners is like swapping opposite edges, so the poster would want to know H-perm too.

jtjogobonito

WCA
2007TAMA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
@jtjogobonito, I was going to mention also recommend the U2 + H-perm for the original poster too. Sometimes a beginner does not notice that swapping diagonally opposite corners is like swapping opposite edges, so the poster would want to know H-perm too.

Yes, but the poster said nothing about edges, so it is safe to assume that she is doing corners before edges.

Scigatt

Hi,
are there any algorithms that can solve all 4 corners of the 3x3 cube (3rd layer) once they are oriented correctly?

Thanks

Assuming the edges are permuted(and I think this is a reasonable possibility), you need to learn 4 algs.

The two A-perms
E
"chi"(H rotated 180 degrees. I refer to rotated standard perms with Greek letters.)

However, if you only want to permute edges relative to each other, (i.e. ignoring the edges), you only need two: One that switches adjacent corners or the equivalent of that(J, A, etc...) and one that switches diagonal corners or equivalent(Y, E, etc...).(The 2 A-perms are the same but for the edges, and H can't permute corners "relatively"(or edges for that matter.))

GalPro

I think the thread has lost its focus abit, anyway,

In the last layer the edges are oriented correctly, and the corners are in a good place but twisted.

in the OLL link I saw these algorithms:

l2 U' R D2 R' U R D2 R
R2 D' R U2 R' D R U2 R
R' U2 R F U' R' U' R U F'
y2 R' F2 R U2 R U2 R' F2 R U2 R'
y2 R2 D R' U2 R D' R' U2 R'

I did one of them and I stayed in the same place

Thanks

Last edited:

Samlambert

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think the thread has lost its focus abit, anyway,

In the last layer the edges are oriented correctly, and the corners are in a good place but twisted.

in the OLL link I saw these algorithms:

l2 U' R D2 R' U R D2 R
R2 D' R U2 R' D R U2 R
R' U2 R F U' R' U' R U F'
y2 R' F2 R U2 R U2 R' F2 R U2 R'
y2 R2 D R' U2 R D' R' U2 R'

I did one of them and I stayed in the same place

Thanks

EDIT: So apparently this is a question, but I don't see any question in there?

Last edited: