• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I +2d out of a PB ao12 :(

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just realized that I was not doing the actual no-flip method. I was just planning out my cross solution and doing it on the back. I have now learned the no-flip method and am getting consistent successes. The problem is, I have no idea how to take advantage of lucky cases with this method and it doesn't seem like anyone else knows, either. So I guess I will have a bit of developing to do if I want to get fast with this method (I'm not sure if I will use it or not)

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just realized that I was not doing the actual no-flip method. I was just planning out my cross solution and doing it on the back. I have now learned the no-flip method and am getting consistent successes. The problem is, I have no idea how to take advantage of lucky cases with this method and it doesn't seem like anyone else knows, either. So I guess I will have a bit of developing to do if I want to get fast with this method (I'm not sure if I will use it or not)
Exactly, this is why the Clock pros all dismissed this method, although on paper it seems superior. If you can figure out about the lucky cases, you could maybe achieve a breakthrough in clock methods. :D
In any case the method is very cool.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
What is the difference?

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Exactly, this is why the Clock pros all dismissed this method, although on paper it seems superior. If you can figure out about the lucky cases, you could maybe achieve a breakthrough in clock methods. :D
In any case the method is very cool.
I have a bunch of them figured out now, but for some lucky cases on the memo side I can't think of anything to do but memo in a different pattern and I don't feel like making and memorizing all of the different ones for such a small benefit.