• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is a good idea! Personally I have no means of joining (sorry) because I don't have enough time but my plan in to learn full OLL and CLL this year. Maybe if I'm up to it, I'll join you in learning EG 1 and 2 but for now I have way too much on my plate!
Hope this goes well for you though!
What do you avg with CLL
I am not bothered to learn it but am virtually sub 3 with ortega so I won't switch

Habsen

WCA
2020HABE01
Hm ... nothing in more than a week. I'll just post my progress. Maybe it motivates someone out there.

Initially, I wanted to learn a couple of M2 comms for the DF buffer to be more efficient with these nasty M slice cases. However, the list of useful comms got much larger than I expected. So I thought, why not learn 3-style with optimal buffers right away. I switched to UF for edges on Monday and learned all Q, B and half of A comms and their inverses so far. That's already 97/451 algs in five days. Sure, I'll have to practice a lot to get them fast and not think about what to do too much. But I'm very excited about learning so many in just a few days. Please note that many of the comms are very similar. So this is by no means comparable to learning OLL, PLL, ZBLL, etc..

Btw, the beauty about blind algorithms is that you don't have to learn recognition ;)

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have decided to space out my updates a bit more since it there's no point adding information when there is nothing unique I have got out of it e,g, changing algorithms, new fingertricks, tips for learning/recognising particularly hard algorithms, rather than saying "I learnt _____ algorithms this week." Will be posting my progress at the end of every week. Last time I posted in the middle of the week so I thought I'd keep it until the end.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Any progress? I figure I'll post here since I want to catalog PLL&OLL somewhere.

Aa - Learned (x R' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2)
Ab
F
Ga - Don't have an alg, what are the best options?
Gb - Don't have an alg, what are the best options?
Gc - Don't have an alg, what are the best options?
Gd - Don't have an alg, what are the best options?
Ja - Learned (x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2)
Jb - Learned (R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R')
Ra
Rb
T - Learned (R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F')
E
Na - Learned (R U R' U R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U2 R U' R')
Nb - Need a good alg for when I learn it, I'm planning on using lefty Na
V
Y - Learned (F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F')
H - Learned (M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2)
Ua - Learned (M2 U M U2 M' U M2)
Ub - Learned (M2 U' M U2 M' U' M2)
Z - Learned (M' U M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2)

I'll be learning Ab next, then R-perms, F, E, V, Nb, G-perms. I already know an Ra from 3BLD, but I found one I like better.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Any progress? I figure I'll post here since I want to catalog PLL&OLL somewhere.

Aa - Learned (x R' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2)
Ab
F
Ga - Don't have an alg, what are the best options?
Gb - Don't have an alg, what are the best options?
Gc - Don't have an alg, what are the best options?
Gd - Don't have an alg, what are the best options?
Ja - Learned (x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2)
Jb - Learned (R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R')
Ra
Rb
T - Learned (R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F')
E
Na - Learned (R U R' U R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U2 R U' R')
Nb - Need a good alg for when I learn it, I'm planning on using lefty Na
V
Y - Learned (F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F')
H - Learned (M2 U M2 U2 M2 U M2)
Ua - Learned (M2 U M U2 M' U M2)
Ub - Learned (M2 U' M U2 M' U' M2)
Z - Learned (M' U M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2)

I'll be learning Ab next, then R-perms, F, E, V, Nb, G-perms. I already know an Ra from 3BLD, but I found one I like better.
PLL

Mischiiii

I’m joining you since Friday last week. I’m waiting for animal crossing to come out onn20th of March. Until then i want to learn Full OLL. I’ve completed the dot cases yesterday.

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello guys,

Due to having injured my left hand, I have been unable to keep up with the algs.

I've tried learning them without any sort of movement, but as we all know, that method is useless since it is all about muscle memory.
Fortunately, it is beginning to heal but I have had to backtrack to day 20. Didn't get around to getting you guys know and I will be back to learning algs every day from now on to day 320 rather than 300.

I have also been looking to get a TengYun V1 or possibly the V2 for learning algs on the move since I spend a lot of time travelling.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Dang PLLs are so easy, half of them are either super short or modified T/J-Perms or at least include part of them. I just gotta make sure I don't get them mixed up with eachother.

I repeat myself: Holy crap PLLs are so easy, last night(in about 15 minutes) I knew F and was fast with Aa, Ab, & F. Next will be the Rs, then probably E, V, Nb(still need a good alg), and Gs

Hello guys,

Due to having injured my left hand, I have been unable to keep up with the algs.

I've tried learning them without any sort of movement, but as we all know, that method is useless since it is all about muscle memory.
Fortunately, it is beginning to heal but I have had to backtrack to day 20. Didn't get around to getting you guys know and I will be back to learning algs every day from now on to day 320 rather than 300.

I have also been looking to get a TengYun V1 or possibly the V2 for learning algs on the move since I spend a lot of time travelling.

What set are you currently learning?

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Mostly just practiced the PLLs I knew tonight, wasn't planning on learning any algs. Then I got an Ra-Perm during a solve, looked over to the sheet, and 5 minutes later was like "I think I remember it". Ah, the joy of learning an alg without trying to. Pretty decent speed on all my algs except Ra. Rb is next, then E, V, Nb, and Gs.