• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3-in-1 silicone spray.

Thomas09

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey people,
I recently bought a can of 3-in-1 silicone spray. As this is my first time using silicone spray I am unsure of when the "sticky phase" ends. I have done a disassembly and sweep. So I am asking: How long does it take for 3-in-1 to dry?

Rubik's Exer

Banned
I am not sure.
But you can just put the cube back together imediatly and just do a solve or two and it will be better.

PandaBoi

Yeh i have 3 in 1 also but i dont like it, it takes too long to dry and its only good at high speeds and is very slow and sticky at slow speeds always even after a week of breaking in. its good if your fast as hell and fluent but crc 808 or crc HD is good and will dry faster

ccchips296

YouTube
Visit Channel
i use 3 in 1 spray. if you live in sydney, not necessarily now but wait till its a hot day and leave the pieces out seperately to dry in the sun for a couple hours...then it works great :) my strategy generally is spray TONS in the cube while its assembled, then scramble it a bit to get it evenly spread out and then disassemble and leave out.

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
CRC808 $14 @ BigW or Bunnings :)

I ended up cleaning off a cube that I once sprayed with 3-in-1 and sanding it a bit. I'll never use it again on a cube :p

Tim.