• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3*3*3 cube with different icons in each grid issue

annie

I want to make a rubik cube flash, with 3*3*3. I think it's an ordinary requirement. But in each grid I have to use different icons which means in this cube 9*6 numbers of icons will be used.
I have no idea if it's feasible.
Can anybody give me the answer or some suggestions?

TimMc

Premium Member
WCA
2009MCMA01
I don't quite understand your requirement.

Several people have used various stickers featuring 6 sets of shapes or icons. If you've the stickers then there's no problem. When solving it you'll have to orient the centers properly though.

...do you want it to flash when it's solved?
EDIT:
If so, I'm sure you embed tiny wires across the inside face of each cubie in such a way that only the solved state will line up the connection points and complete the circuit. Then you can probably drill out all the center caps and put a really tiny flat LED in each along with small batteries. It'd be really tedious to get a practical version working...

Tim.

Last edited: