• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2x2 - May 22-28, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougreed

1. U' B' R' D2 B2 R' D2 L2 B U2 R' B2 R2 D' F'
2. D' F R2 D' B R' B2 D L D R2 B' R' B2 R2
3. U' F2 U L' U F2 L2 D2 F' U L' F D B R2
4. B R2 B L' D' B' U2 B2 U' L' F' R U2 F' D'
5. U2 B R2 B' U' R2 D2 R2 U2 L2 F' L F R' F

mmwfung

Average: 10.56
Times: 13.57 (15.31) (7.84) 8.69 9.43

Timed with 'The ultimate Rubik's cube? timer version 2.1'. The method I use: first make one layer and then use a COLL alg or OLL/PLL. Don't laugh at me, I never practise 2x2x2.

Michael Fung

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have an other method, aswell as kirjava. I use guimond method http://www.svekub.se/content/view/100/29/ or www.rubikscuberecord.com/ averaging below 10 sec is not very difficult when you know this method. What you can do too is: make 1 layer (it doesn't matter which piece is where), orient the 2nd layer and then permutate both layers with the algs on the site's I gave.
Good luck!
Erik

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I make the first layer on L, then rotate the cube (z') and do the top corners with CMLL.
I think I'll have to refine my CMLL algs though if I wanna sub-5.
I tryed guimond but was never any good with it.

~Thom

Erik

WCA
2005AKKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guimond's method is in english somewhere on his site...
Congrats Thom! Nice average, however I won't let you walk away with that ;)
On sunday I had a chess tournament which went horrible, so I started 2x2 and timing on a chess clock which only gives round seconds. I thought I had sub-5 but, I can't tell with the clock, too bad... I'm coming after you

Would it be possible to solve the whole last layer corners together with the last corner of the 1st layer?...

Erik Akkersdijk

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I dunno about that... they'd be 23 orientations, for a start. Compared to the 7 groups I had to learn for CMLL, it's quite a bit.

Gunnar Krig proposed that you make a face, and then solve the rest in one algorithm. But even that is 200+ algs.

I really don't know how to improve, to be honest. I think I'll just optimise my CMLL for now.

mmwfung

200+ algs??? Isn't it 3*43=129, because there are 43 CLL cases (include the solved case) and the first layer can only contain three different cases if the first layer is oriented.
Btw, what is CMLL?

Michael Fung

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah, you're right. I just knew it was a high number ;)

CMLL == Corners of the last layer ignoring edges in the M and U layers.

http://grrroux.free.fr/method/Step_3.html < CMLL page

Note: I don't exclusivly use the algs from that page, sometime I use longer ones because I used to use COLL and I switched over to CMLL but about 5% of my algs are still COLL ones. I'll be fully converted soon.

Also, use archive.org to get different solutions for each case.

~Thom

Status
Not open for further replies.