• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 2x2 Help and a New PB!

CuberRiley

WCA
2015Edwa01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all!!!
I've been speedcubing on the 2x2 for about a month, and yesterday I got 8.55 seconds, using the layer by layer method, with OLL and PLL. I was just wondering if anybody has any tips for me to get a little bit quicker. Thanks!!!

Find my 8.55 PB video here:

https://youtu.be/LBTt1Hp26N0

Like my Cubing Facebook Page for updates, information, news, and new personal best's.
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1524112167877962&ref=bookmark

Thank you everybody for your time, I really do appreciate it.
Also, here's an attachment of yesterday's 36 times on 2x2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 26

Randomno

Banned
WCA
2014STAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wouldn't count a hand scramble as PB. Your Dayan sounds really clicky and tight. :/ Also that was the easiest OLL you can get, hold it with oriented bar on right and do F R U R' U' F'.

Last edited:

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Try cstimer! It will make cubing a lot easier for you
Or qqTimer, or Prisma Puzzle Timer.
I would count a hand scramble as PB.
I wouldn't, especially not for 2x2. Also, that's a very easy CLL case to recognise; if I had a solved layer on D then I would never do F sexy F' for that CLL. I would do it as front sune-back sune. Also it's not the easiest OLL you can get; R2 U2 R(') U2 R2 is easier.

Last edited:
I know just the LBL method and I average a little below 6.5 seconds, I know the ortega method but recognition is a bit difficult for me. I think you should practice LBL allot and then switch to CLL when you get faster

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah... definitely learn Ortega. It's not hard, and a lot of the algs are faster and easier than normal PLL. After you've picked it up, check out Chris Olson's Ortega videos for tips and tricks. They're really helpful!

Randomno

Banned
WCA
2014STAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wouldn't, especially not for 2x2. Also, that's a very easy CLL case to recognise; if I had a solved layer on D then I would never do F sexy F' for that CLL. I would do it as front sune-back sune. Also it's not the easiest OLL you can get; R2 U2 R(') U2 R2 is easier.

Whoops that's what I meant.

tega

ganophosphoruses

Last edited: