• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] 2x2 Discussion and Help

Aerith

2X2 HELP!

I need help for the Pbl because I get like different but similar cases, in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6KffDXZs-E go to 10:14 and he says all bottom layer is solved, i do get that but sometimes the top layer is completely solved! also go to 11:08 the top layer is solved instead of the bottom , What algs do i need to do to fix this??

CubePro

YouTube
Visit Channel
I need help for the Pbl because I get like different but similar cases, in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6KffDXZs-E go to 10:14 and he says all bottom layer is solved, i do get that but sometimes the top layer is completely solved! also go to 11:08 the top layer is solved instead of the bottom , What algs do i need to do to fix this??
You actually don't need any new algs to fix it, you just turn the cube over and do the algs to complete the LL. Sorry I'm not too good at explaining stuff

CubePro

YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay but I'm not advanced at all on 2x2 so I just don't see these things.
E: So after trying out your advice I see that the thing I did was really inefficient. So TY for the advice :tu

NJ Cuber

WCA
2014IYER03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone have tips for one looking on 2x2 for a cuber who avgs 4 secs with mostly CLL. I know all the algs, but for the sune and antisune sets, which I HATE, I use ortega cause' the algorithms I use for them SUCK. Also does anyone have good resources for CLL algorithms besides insane cuber, cyotheking, and brooks cubing.

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
cyothekings algs are quite good, i just use mirrored sune cases for anti sune though. 5/7 of the sune algs are really nice? normal sune, R U' R' F L' U' L, F R' F' R U2 R U2 R', and L' U2 L U2 L F' L' F, how can you not like those

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone have tips for one looking on 2x2 for a cuber who avgs 4 secs with mostly CLL. I know all the algs, but for the sune and antisune sets, which I HATE, I use ortega cause' the algorithms I use for them SUCK. Also does anyone have good resources for CLL algorithms besides insane cuber, cyotheking, and brooks cubing.

learn sune and antisune. learn EG1. one-looking with CLL is a little hard because the layers can end up being like 5-6 moves.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know the sune and antisune sets, but I don't always look at the case. And is learning eg1 hard?

well then look...

nope, its not hard at all. its the exact same learning process as CLL but you will already know how to recognize the cases and how to tackle learning the algs. the only difference is that the two D layer corners in front are swapped (and the algs are a lot nicer too imo!).

AJCubes

2x2 Omega method

Hi, I am a beginner cuber and currently only using beginner methods. I am learning Omega method for 2x2, and I have almost learned OLL. I would like to start learning PBL, but I'm kinda stuck. I'm not sure what the case is supposed to look like on my cube with these pictures, http://www.cubewhiz.com/ortegapbl.php can someone explain these pictures to me? Also, I would like to get faster on my 3x3 as well, and i get a 50 second average with then method on rubik's.com. What should I learn first? Thanks!!!

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I am a beginner cuber and currently only using beginner methods. I am learning Omega method for 2x2, and I have almost learned OLL. I would like to start learning PBL, but I'm kinda stuck. I'm not sure what the case is supposed to look like on my cube with these pictures, http://www.cubewhiz.com/ortegapbl.php can someone explain these pictures to me? Also, I would like to get faster on my 3x3 as well, and i get a 50 second average with then method on rubik's.com. What should I learn first? Thanks!!!

As somebody just said, the diagrams with the blue arrows just show you which pieces of the top and bottom layers will be swapped by the algorithm. It also helps a lot if, when you plan your (bottom) face, you already know what permutation you are going to get in that face. There are only 3 cases:
- Layer: you are going to get a solved layer with all 4 corners correcly permuted, then, when you reach PBL you have to use an alg that does not permute anything in the bottom / down layer.
- Diagonal swap: you will get a face where two oposite corners need to be swapped. Note that it is completely irrelevant which corners you swap, so you can ignore the direction the diagonal arrow is drawn and leave the face in whatever rotation / orientation.
- Adjacent swap: you will get a face where two adjacent corners need to be swapped. In this case you need to know which two corners you need to swap (they will be opposite to the two that are correctly placed, which you can see as they form a 1x2 "bar" of the same color on one side of the bottom face. In this case it is very helpful if you already leave this face correctly rotated / oriented before you go on to OLL, so that when you reach PBL it is already correctly placed. Depending on the algs you are using you will need to put the bar on the back (if the alg is going to permute the two front corners) or, on the front or even on the side. Take a look at the blue arrow for the down face and put the bar in the two corners not swapped.

Then you do your OLL.

Then, for PBL you will have to identify the corner permutation you have gotten on top. There are the same 3 cases. If you have a bar orient it properly as stated above depending on which two corners your alg will permute.

Execute the PBL alg for the combination of permutation cases you got in both layers, like diag swap on top and bar / adjacent swap on bottom, etc.

Finally you might need to AUF, that is, to align the top and bottom layers so that colors on the sides match each other, by either doing a U, U' or U2.

Cube solved!!!! :)

CubeBag

I'm currently using Ortega for 2x2, but I feel that I'm kind of slow on my first side, like there's more efficient ways to do it. Usually it takes me 5-8 moves to get the first side. Is that a lot, and if so are there any tips for the first side?