• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] 2x2 Discussion and Help

Timona

YouTube
Visit Channel
Are there any tricks for remembering Cll recognition? I’m learning Cll rn and I know H Pi T and U cases but I’m still kind of struggling to remember which alg goes to which case.
Pi and H are quite easy to remember since they have 4 stickers on the U face. So it all comes down to knowing which sticker combination goes with each alg. Learn the sticker pattern when you learn the alg so it's easier for you to remember.

T and U have 2 stickers on the top and on the right bar. This one is trickier than Pi and H, but you can recognise the cases by adj or opp sticker bars and a combination of the right bars and the stickers on the U face, if you understand what I mean.

Or you can just ignore everything I've said and watch Jperm's video instead.

Caden Fisher

WCA
2022FISH12
YouTube
Visit Channel
Pi and H are quite easy to remember since they have 4 stickers on the U face. So it all comes down to knowing which sticker combination goes with each alg. Learn the sticker pattern when you learn the alg so it's easier for you to remember.

T and U have 2 stickers on the top and on the right bar. This one is trickier than Pi and H, but you can recognise the cases by adj or opp sticker bars and a combination of the right bars and the stickers on the U face, if you understand what I mean.

Or you can just ignore everything I've said and watch Jperm's video instead.

Makes sense. Thank you

nicb4491

I have learned Ortega, and my times for 2x2 are in the 0:10-0:20 range. Should I be faster than this, or does more speed require a more advanced method?
Thanks in advance.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have learned Ortega, and my times for 2x2 are in the 0:10-0:20 range. Should I be faster than this, or does more speed require a more advanced method?
Thanks in advance.
You can get quite fast with just lbl, but Ortega is certainly also a fast method. The biggest part of getting faster at your speed is layer efficiency and alg speed and recognition.

Imsoosm

Thanks in advance.
You should do the algs faster, and try predicting the PBL. That will surely decreases your time a lot because it reduces the amount of pauses. Also look for a more efficient first layer. I don't really like Ortega because you often have to cube rotate, I think LBL is better, but use whatever method is easier for you.

Cubing Mania

Somewhere in the universe, waiting to beat you.
WCA
2022SCOT09
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello fellow cubers! This is a thread for people who would like to discuss and help those who are in need of it, which explains the name of the thread.

To start of this thread, I would like to ask the first question. I've just started learning CLL, and I have already memorized the Sune set. My question is, how long does it usually take for you to recognize a certain case?
I don't do CLL, but I do know some cases. It takes me about 0.5 - 1.0 seconds. I hope you find this helpful!

2x2sAreCool

Hello! I am a cubing rookie that picked up the hobby because of a school competition. My event is the 2x2. Although I have seen some
videos on the topic, I realize the methods are very lengthy. Does anyone have any 2x2 algorithms for me to follow?

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
Hello! I am a cubing rookie that picked up the hobby because of a school competition. My event is the 2x2. Although I have seen some
videos on the topic, I realize the methods are very lengthy. Does anyone have any 2x2 algorithms for me to follow?
just learn ortega method you can be sub 5 with it

Thom S.

Would it be possible to one look an ortega solve?
Possible - yes.
But how possible?
If you can do a face in 2-4 moves everytime, it's not that hard to follow up, which pieces are where. The problem then comes with OLL because you most likely don't use pure OLL(because that's a stupid idea) and so you need to follow your piece placements once again for PBL.
If you can one-look forward to OLL, you will be able to One-Look CLL, EG1 and EG2 solves. Ortega would need an additional step. But if you learn that far, you'll already have fast Ortega solves and will have one-lookable CLL solves in the future.