• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] 2x2 Discussion and Help

NateIsMeh

the video confuses me, there are so many things to remember and im not sure how to really use that method. do i have to memorize everything in the video, or do i have to know every outcome? im really confused.

NateIsMeh

i never figured out how to solve a 3x3 :( im kind-of new to cubing. i've been cubing for a few years but never found out how to solve a 3x3. i gave up on soving it after a few weeks. (i know im dumb)

YouTube
Visit Channel
i never figured out how to solve a 3x3 :( im kind-of new to cubing. i've been cubing for a few years but never found out how to solve a 3x3. i gave up on soving it after a few weeks. (i know im dumb)
you're not dumb. It's kinda hard to memorize the algs because we're not used to do that kind of stuff
In my case I just wrote down the algs I needed and solved it looking on the paper. With time I memorized the necessary to solve it in a few minutes.
With practice I lowered my times and learned more algs.

just don't give up

I don't know about the other cubers but I think it might be better to begin with the 3x3, here is an easy to follow tutorial from jperm

for 2x2 ortega will give you good times but with what you learned with 3x3 you manage to solve faster than your current times without learning too much new stuff. i'm talking about sub10 seconds averages

and... practice

Last edited: