• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] 2x2 Discussion and Help

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
I think you are learning faster than what you could.

Instead of learning algs quickly, you can try master a subset completely (execution, recognition) than move on to the next. That is way better than knowing all the algs but takes seconds to recognize which is worse than Ortega.

CLL recognition(execution as well) tutorial by J Perm:

As for a further comment, how can I learn all CLLs well in 11 days?
I don't think it's possible. Memorizing the algs in 11 days? Yup. Mastering and implementing them in your solves completely? No way.

Leery

WCA
2015LANG03
I don't think it's possible. Memorizing the algs in 11 days? Yup. Mastering and implementing them in your solves completely? No way.

What's a better way of approaching it then? Learning all the algs and then doing a bunch of solves where you force yourself to use them to integrate them or just learn a few at a time and integrate maybe a set at once?

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
What's a better way of approaching it then? Learning all the algs and then doing a bunch of solves where you force yourself to use them to integrate them or just learn a few at a time and integrate maybe a set at once?
Unless you have really, really good memory and determination, I think integrating set by set is much better.

When I try to learn everything at once before, it was painful and I forgot have of them the next day and failed to execute most the rest algs correctly. It’s just terrible.

I think @Astral cubing can prove this as well.

Angry_Mob

I don't know if it's optimal, but I learn all of the algs over ~3 weeks and implement all of the sets at once, forcing myself to use the algs even if it takes me 10 seconds per solve. I usually have to re-learn a few algs along the way, but not a ton. I did that to learn CLL and EG-1. I'm learning EG-2 right now.

Angry_Mob

So do you stop solving for those three weeks while you learn all the algs?

Not entirely, I'll do some solves but I won't use any of the new algs until I've learned almost all of them. It's a bit different with EG-2 though since it's just shorter versions of Anti-CLL and you can tell in inspection if you will get a case you know or not.

Angry_Mob

- Use good algs
- Prioritize layers over faces
- Build efficient faces
- Plan your face in inspection
- Build your faces so that the bar is in the front (or back depending on which alg you use)
- Plan oll in inspection on easy faces
- Turn fast
- Practice

Or you can just learn CLL

Last edited:

Angry_Mob

Use Ortega or learn CLL. COLLs are much worse than CLLs on 2x2. I honestly recommend you just learn CLL if you care about 2x2 since you already know some of the algs and the rest are super easy.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Use Ortega or learn CLL. COLLs are much worse than CLLs on 2x2. I honestly recommend you just learn CLL if you care about 2x2 since you already know some of the algs and the rest are super easy.
Thank you! I had nothing to do today so I drilled CLL the only ones I don’t know are some of the sune/antisune. I am already sub 3.9 with CLL
Edit: I know all of them yay
Edit: sub 3.5

Last edited: